Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you do with your horns?

I've killed about 20 bucks...all of which I still have. I have 4 8pts and 2 9pts on plaques...the others are here and there on boards and tacked up in our skinning building.

Old 01-11-2002, 07:58 PM

I am only 15. i just killed my first deer this year. a non typical 16 point i am geting him shoulder mounted
Old 01-11-2002, 08:23 PM

I keep all my antlers. I have 2 bucks mounted and 3 on placks and also a few sheds that I found.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got tired of the "Plaques" as well......the last 5 years or so I've been fooling around with "European" Skull mounts.... and putting them on pedestals. They look very classy and are a great conversation piece.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:34 PM
Spike

I figure if it is big enough to kill, I should be proud enough of it to mount at least the antlers. I have 6 rack mounts and 1 head mount in my livng room. My son has a few racks in his room. My mom and dad have a few of mine as well as my Grandmother and a few cousins. I also have a rack in my basement and a hide in my freezer I am thinking about shoulder mounting my self. I do my own antler mounts and most of my friends. I even made a few dollars last winter by charging a very small sum to mount 21 racks for a guy I work with.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

We moved 4 times in the last 5 years and haven't saved any racks . I have a 8 and 9 point I got this year but nothing big .
Old 01-11-2002, 09:58 PM

have a couple shoulder mounts in the sun room also three on plaques.the odd racks,(like four on one side and spike on the other,twisted horns and the like)they are in a cabinet.
all the others are in my shop,a pile that will fill a pickup bed.
not bragging just a collection over the last fourty years.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:30 PM
nub

If their not bigger than the ones on my wall, I watch them walk by and say. See ya next year.
Old 01-12-2002, 01:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Drive them around on the car.stick them out the windows. Set them on my house roof.Hangthem om the outhouse door
Old 01-12-2002, 03:02 AM

I just now got finished mounting my 9 point Rack of the Buck I killed this year.
It's very pretty looking. I found me a slab of Red Oak laying in the woods I hunt. Was cut with a Chainsaw. I brung it home... sanded it down a bit. Then put polyurethane over th wood. I also put red denim around the skull plate. Will post pics next week!
I am in the process of paying a guy to make me a fixed blade Knife out of a smaller 6 point I killed in '96.
I am also mounting my 2000 Spike... pretty neat looking. I sold another small 6 to a fella. And I had a small 3 once... that was all chipped and broken. I did'nt bother saving that one.
Just wait till I post the pic of this years mount...

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.