Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-11-2002, 04:31 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-11-2002, 04:38 PM

Default RE: What do you do with your horns?

All my horns have ended up on my wall. Not really a trophy hunter but It seems a shame to let them sit in a garage when I could have them up on display.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:06 PM

I have only got one buck so far....im 15....he scored 124" and he was a perfect 8pt.....im getting a shoulder mount
Old 01-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

One shoulder mount on the wall now. One at the taxidermist that I should get back in march. Two on plaques hanging on the wall. Two cut off for rattling and a bunch hanging in the garage on nails. That's about it.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:16 PM

I'm gonna keep all the racks I get, just to look back at all of my deer. I have both of my rifle racks mounted and in my room.
~Cody
Old 01-11-2002, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I normally don't even keep most of them.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

have a few on the wall, have given a set of bou antlers away. Have both my whitetail bucks waiting to go on the wall not to mention the moose sheds we have hanging up for looks (until I finally get a biggun LOL).
Old 01-11-2002, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I display all my antlers in one way or another. I am proud of all of them!

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-11-2002, 07:31 PM

I've given a few of my moose and caribou antlers away when I lived in Alaska. A lot of people wanted a rack on their cabin and I had a few hanging around in my garage not worthy of mounting. Some used a palmated moose antler to display their house number/address. My dad still has a small 43" moose I shot that had a perfect rack to hang hats on in his garage.

As far as whitetail, I use one for rattling and have given a few others away to hunting partners or just thrown away the forks and spikes.

My wife would kill me if I allowed too many things to collect around the house. She had a fit when I kept the feet of the two turkeys I shot last year and saw my son and a neighbor kid running around the yard with them!!!

Lefty Llewellyn
Old 01-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

gave em all to a friend to use for knife handles and such, which he in turn sold to feed his family.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.