Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP >

GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 PM

Default RE: GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

ORIGINAL: wvOHIOfan

Not if he thinks that the reason bow prices are high is because people make false warranty claims. A bottle of Coca-Cola used to be 25 cents, now its 1.05... let me guess, false warranty claims??? Wake up.
I meant that he seems very perceptive and 'in tune' with what goes on in the industry and business in general and is able to read situations for what they appear to be. And yes, I think that false warranty claims are A PART of what makes bows so expensive nowadays. Maybe not a huge part, but a factor nonetheless.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry if it wasn't a shot at me but I am the one that mentioned the "BS about the warranty and bow prices".

I know that false warranty issues are only part of the reason bows cost so much but it's still money being spent that doesn't need to be and it does add to the overall cost of the prices that the consumer must pay for. If you want to get right down to the basics it is stealing. And who ends up paying for others stealing? The consumer does cause the manufacturer, distributor, and dealer just figures it into the selling price.

Sorry but we (I) don't replace limbs or any other part of the bow if a customer dry fires, drops it from 30 feet up on a rock, runs it over with their truck, or any other issue of customer neglect. I charge accordingly and lke I said earlier the owner usually ends up giving them what they want if they make a big enough fuss about it. If there is a legitimate problem with the bow then it gets taken care of ASAP at no charge (even labor) and if there is a neglect issue it still gets taken care of ASAP but you gotta pay for it.

Just like I don't expect my tahoe to be repaired for free if I drive it with out oil in the engine.

It's common sense and it all stems back to people taking responsibility for their own actions. Which is very lacking any more.

BTW, I think I need to post a disclaimer here cause someone is going to have their blood boiling................... none of this is in any way an attempt to make Lungbuster out to be a bad guy and is in no way directed at him. I am not trying to insenuate that he would do anything like this. I don't know him and I am not trying to make assumptions about him.

EDIT: What exactly does having to pay $1.05 for a bottle of coke have anything to do with dry firing a bow? Let me think for a second........ Oh yeah, nothing.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:38 PM

Your bow is probably fine. They are made to withstand dry-firing nowadays. If it's not OK, bigbulls is dead on. Hope it turns out OK for you. Haven't heard what the release failure was?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls
EDIT: What exactly does having to pay $1.05 for a bottle of coke have anything to do with dry firing a bow? Let me think for a second........ Oh yeah, nothing.
I think he was speaking of inflation as the main factor of rising cost. Bows or Cokes, its part of our lives.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check the limbs for cracks at the pocket, as well as forcracks at your axels....Also check your cams for n e thing out of the ordinary. Look at the limbs real close cause sometimes it's hard to see cracks with the camo jobs out there.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a sneaky suspision that the release never failed, if it did, we would've seen a picture of it by now!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bols

ORIGINAL: bigbulls
I think he was speaking of inflation as the main factor of rising cost. Bows or Cokes, its part of our lives.

Exactly, at least someone gets it.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big Bulls,

I have come to respect a lot of the opinions and advice that you give on this forum. I think that you are one of the key contributors! You've helped me a few times and I've seen you help countless others. With that said, you have got to chill. The stress is going to kill you man!

Tom
Old 02-27-2006, 04:10 PM

WHOA WHOA WHOA I never wanted to start a feud or any thing and if I did I amdeeply sorry. I amrealy dissapointed and ifI weresomeone new to this site or archery it's self and i posted a question and got a response like this one it would probably be the last one they ever made here and it could probabaly turn him/her away from the arhery community. For the release there is something wrong with it, the jaws will no long stay closed by themselves. The realease was a cheapTrueFirei bought a few years back and after this i have purchased a scott realease. the reason no pic is because i have yet to purchase a digital camera. All i wanted was a simple answer to my question on what to do not start a fight with guys who should be working together to protect and keep archery alive and safe from those who want it to be destroyed.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lungbuster.

I wanted to apologize for getting worked up myself.

I think this was a big miscomunication of a bunch of our parts.

It was never my intention to accuse you of anything. I just wanted to point out the warranty issue. We never know who we are talking to on the other side of these screens and I tend to assume that people may not know certain things when it comes to stuff like this. I guess it stems over from dealing with nimrods at work all day long. You wouldn't believe the things that people will try and get away with with their archery equipment and firearms even when it is blatently obvious what happened.

Any way, I hope that your bow isn't damaged and good luck.

Quick Reply: GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.