Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP >

GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Old 02-25-2006, 03:39 PM

Default GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Ok friday night i just had a new string put on my Mathews lx bow and i bring it home. im pulling it back to make some adjustments to my peep sight and when the bow is let back down about a quarter of the way down BANG it fires. My release malfunctioned and the bow is dry fired. i called the proshop and he cant look at till tuesday and anything wrong with it will be replaced by mathews. but what should i look at to see if there is any thing is wrong with it that i might have to take it to a different shop earlier than tuesday. im really down in the dumps i think a dry fire is the worst thing u cand do to a bow. Your suggesstions and anwers will be greatly appreceiated.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

I dry fired mine accidently before, it flew out of my hands and hit the ground and nothing was wrong with it. Just look it over good and if all looks good shoot the dang thing. I bet nothing is wrong with it.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Check it each time you shoot it.. make sure you don't see any fraying where your strings and cables are attached to cams and limbs... if you see any fraying replace what you see fraying... I did that once, and noticed some fraying where my cables were attached to the cams, but I continued shooting it.. BAM, it got it in the face.. not fun!!![]
Old 02-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing you can do until you can get it checked out by a professional.

i called the pro shop and he cant look at till tuesday and anything wrong with it will be replaced by mathews.
Unless he is going to lie to Mathews their warranty does not cover dry fires. So if you have cracked or delaminated limbs, bent axles, torn strings, etc... you are suppose to pay for that stuff out of your own pocket.

Don't be part of the reason that bow prices are so high.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:26 PM

[:@]too bad to hear this but you might take it with a pro before you try something else
ORIGINAL: bigbulls

i called the pro shop and he cant look at till tuesday and anything wrong with it will be replaced by mathews.
Unless he is going to lie to Mathews their warranty does not cover dry fires. So if you have cracked or delaminated limbs, bent axles, torn strings, etc... you are suppose to pay for that stuff out of your own pocket.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:22 PM

WELL SAID BIGBULLS!
Old 02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

lol.. let me guess, if it wereYOU , you'd happily pay out of your own pocket ?? I always get a chuckle out of the "holier than thou " posts....
Old 02-26-2006, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to know what kind of release it was that failed, so I can avoid ever buying one like it!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:37 AM

just to let you know i never said anything about it being covered by mathews warranty or that it would be replaced free of charge so please get your facts straight before you start rambling on how im doing you a such agreatdiservice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-26-2006, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Lx lungbuster

Ok friday night i just had a new string put on my Mathews lx bow and i bring it home. im pulling it back to make some adjustments to my peep sight and when the bow is let back down about a quarter of the way down BANG it fires. My release malfunctioned and the bow is dry fired. i called the proshop and he cant look at till tuesday and anything wrong with it will be replaced by mathews. but what should i look at to see if there is any thing is wrong with it that i might have to take it to a different shop earlier than tuesday. im really down in the dumps i think a dry fire is the worst thing u cand do to a bow. Your suggesstions and anwers will be greatly appreceiated.
I think this is where you said it would be covered by Mathews....

Quick Reply: GUYS IVE GOT A REAL PROBLEM NEED YUR HELP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.