Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hunting for a living >

hunting for a living

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting for a living

Old 02-24-2006, 07:39 AM

Default hunting for a living

Anybody know how tobecome a pro hunter? That can be cool to do that for a living!!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting for a living

I've always wondered that too! It beats the hell out of working in the auto industry. It must not be too hard because some of the guys on tv are terrible hunters and they get paid to hunt.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well you got to hunt like h***, and get noticed by the companies and get sponsors. Or start you own company and go on some big hunts and score trophy deer and get people to sponsor you!

Now, I might consider myself a Pro Hunter, if you count 'feral' terrorists! [8D]
Old 02-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I wouldn't want to be a pro hunter.....I hunt because I love it and I wouldn't want to have to do it.....I guide/guided especially turkeys and believe me, it becomes a job....and you begin to almost loath it....almost....I'm much happier doing what I'm doing and having my foot in the door of the outdoor industry and making a little on the side rather than relying on it.....it has it's perks but for a job...no thank you..it's a finicky business.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with Rob. I've always heard that you should try to do something that you love for a living because it will make you hate it.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmmmmmm never thought of that!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I would rather say:

I don't want to go hunting tomorrow.
vs.
I don't want to go (****) tomorrow.

~Fill in the **** with your current job.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 AM

thankx for the im puts guys so far...
Old 02-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rob nailed it.

Just go to the Likosky's web site (Lee and Tiffany) and read about how many straight days they got up at like 4 a.m. and went into sub-freezing temperatures to put a tag on a monster buck this past year. I know, that moment was incredible when they finally wrapped their hands around those antlers, but it was somewhere aroundtwo monthsor so of literally almost freezing to death day after day before that moment arrived. I would almost bet the average person was having more fun at their job than they were...

I can also relate in the sport of tennis; at first, it was just a passionate hobby. Then, it turned into six hours a daybecause of my obsession to be the best I could be. That's still fine; that was my choice. But then, when I was expected to win every tournament I entered and people's expectations started to figure into the mix, it became less fun and more of just a job. I went from playing six hours a day in high school and college to playing about twice a year now. I can imagine the pressure of performance would be not much difference in the industry of hunting; you need a new record-book buck each year to satisfy your sponsors.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:44 AM

hey greg you a pro staffer for bowtech, so what do that mean...

Quick Reply: hunting for a living

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.