Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Old Glory Sight Question?? >

Old Glory Sight Question??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old Glory Sight Question??

Old 02-23-2006, 08:34 AM

Default Old Glory Sight Question??

I have a 2006 Bowtech Old Glory. I have Trophy Ridge Guide Matrix sights on this bow. I am also shooting a whisker biscuit rest. I had read somewhere yesterday that the Matrix sites (wrapped fiber on bottom of site) on certain bows will actually get in the way of arrow flight during the shot. I took a look at my bow last night and it looks if I was to shoot it that the arrow fletchings would hit the plastic pieces on the bottom of the site. I have not shot this bow yet with this site as I am going to purchase new arrows this weekend. This is a brand new bow and I am trying to get it set up, but I am little concerned about my site choice. Anyone have a similar problem?

I have looked at some other sites and I am looking to possibly exchange these sites for some others. I have looked at copper john and I didn't care for the brightness of the pins. I have also had cobra sites and they move too much after a few shots. I looked at Toxonics and the fiber looks like it could snag on something pretty easy. I am looking for something bright, very durable that doesn't have exposed fiber optic. I know this is like wishing for the best of both worlds. I have looked at Spot Hogg, but I am a little concerned about the brightness of the pins. I have also read some posts on how to brighten the pins on these sites, but I don't know if I want to go through all the trouble to do this. Give me your opinions on what sites you use and why you like them. Thanks,

JB[/align]
Old 02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Old Glory Sight Question??

put lip stick on your fletchings then shoot it....you'll quickly see the red on the fibers if they are touching. Then you know you have a problem
Old 03-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Old Glory Sight Question??

I would look into the new trophy ridge rhino its Greeeeaaaat!!!!!!!!