HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Old Glory Sight Question??
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 08:34 AM
Missouri Migr8r

Default Old Glory Sight Question??

I have a 2006 Bowtech Old Glory. I have Trophy Ridge Guide Matrix sights on this bow. I am also shooting a whisker biscuit rest. I had read somewhere yesterday that the Matrix sites (wrapped fiber on bottom of site) on certain bows will actually get in the way of arrow flight during the shot. I took a look at my bow last night and it looks if I was to shoot it that the arrow fletchings would hit the plastic pieces on the bottom of the site. I have not shot this bow yet with this site as I am going to purchase new arrows this weekend. This is a brand new bow and I am trying to get it set up, but I am little concerned about my site choice. Anyone have a similar problem?

I have looked at some other sites and I am looking to possibly exchange these sites for some others. I have looked at copper john and I didn't care for the brightness of the pins. I have also had cobra sites and they move too much after a few shots. I looked at Toxonics and the fiber looks like it could snag on something pretty easy. I am looking for something bright, very durable that doesn't have exposed fiber optic. I know this is like wishing for the best of both worlds. I have looked at Spot Hogg, but I am a little concerned about the brightness of the pins. I have also read some posts on how to brighten the pins on these sites, but I don't know if I want to go through all the trouble to do this. Give me your opinions on what sites you use and why you like them. Thanks,

JB[/align]