Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Peep Sight turned, why?? >

Peep Sight turned, why??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Sight turned, why??

Old 10-22-2002, 08:38 AM

Default Peep Sight turned, why??

I went out Sunday and prior to hitting the woods I decided to take a few practice shots. The guy that owns the woods where I hunt has a big back yard with a target so that I can practice before going in. Anyway, when I nocked the first arrow and drew it back I noticed something strange. My peep is one of those that has the amber lense around the hole. Well when I pulled back I saw four yellow dots. So I eased off and noticed the peep has turned 180. I was still able to see through it but was just backwords. I still hit the target. The whole time I was in the woods I was afraid that finally one would come along, I would draw and the peep would be sideways or something. Going to take it to the pro shop to get it fixed but just thought I would see if anyone knew why this would happen.

shoot em up man just loves to shoot em up!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Peep Sight turned, why??

Only reason I can think of is your string stretched.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Royak has a good explanation. These "fast-flight" strings can change due to stretching and/or temperature. Years ago when fast-flight first came out I used to watch my peep turn while going from sunshine to shade on the 3D range. The new materials aren't quite that sensitive but it still can happen. Ya just have to keep an eye on them and move some strands around to help it rotate correctly.

Old 10-23-2002, 05:27 AM

I haven't witness the temp. effects, but I know mine was doing the same thing and it was from stretching, which come from shooting. Get er' line back up and hit the thick stuff. Best of luck.