Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally. . .it has arrived! >

Finally. . .it has arrived!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally. . .it has arrived!

Old 02-14-2006, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Finally. . .it has arrived!

Greg, Thanks for the info. I was browsing the Bohning website and didn't find a arrow chuck (coupler) on there. I was going to use the surgical tubing until I order a coupler.

Gibblet, I found some more about lacquer paints and how to properly crest on www.stickbow.com I am still looking into getting the Bohning CD along with some of their lacquer paint. What really ticks me off is that I have basically any color I want to put on an arrow in enamels, but now I have to round up the lacquer paints.

Ohh well, just part of the process. I might try practicing with enamels just to get a feel for laying down stripes before I go wasting lacquer.

So in terms of dipping the arrow vs. spraying painting the arrow, then applying colors on top, what should I do?

Should I look into getting a dip tank and supplies or just spray the shafts like Greg had mentioned?

I am a bit confused, it seems that both ways work, but one works better than the next.

Maybe the video can better clarify things.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:46 PM

GREAT NO MORE PROBLEM WITH RIPPED VANES!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:07 PM

Mexhuntr,

You're right!!

The beauty of it all is the fact that I can refletch myself now. Besidesnot having ripped vanes, I don't have to rely on someone else to do a job I could do myself.

Two positives come out of this situation.

One, I feel like I am connected to archery even more now. Eventually, I want to be able to do most of the arrow building process. Everything but building the shafts myself.

Two, the quality of work I seecoming out of some pro shops is crap at best. Now I can control the quality of workmanship. And with practice, my workmanship will only get better.

I don't want to make a big deal about all of this, but I am really excited to learn new things. Along with fletching comes cresting and the enjoyment that all stages of archery brings. From arrow building to shooting, I haven't found a part of this sport I don't enjoy.

(Okay, paper tuning can be a bit frustrating but atleastit's shooting )

Old 02-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

I've just ordered mine from cabela's yesterday. hope to have it by the weekend. Bols, why did you wait for GM to get it when you could've gone to one of the big retail catalogs? I should've bought this one a long time ago. I have the arizona ez fletch, but it is for aluminums and doesn't work for cr@p on carbons
Old 02-15-2006, 11:16 AM

Hoyt3, Congrats on purchasing the Bitzenburger. You won't be disappointed. I haven't had a chance to fletch any arrows yet but I was playing around with it last night, seems to be really easy to use once you get the hang of it.

I was going to order it off the internet but I don't really like purchasing things over the net. Even secure websites get hacked into. IE, Lancaster Archery. I know they refunded everyone and dealt with the problem in a very professional manner, but there is always a chance you can get burnt on the net.

It is a shame peopletake advantage of internet shopping. I know buying over the internet is where it is at these days but I like to limit internet shopping as much as I can. Anything I can buy at a store I try to do. I just like the added saftey of knowing who I have given my credit card info to.

So at only 23, I probably seem like a prude, but I personally don't want anyone else buying on my credit.