Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you store your bow? >

How do you store your bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you store your bow?

Old 02-12-2006, 09:18 PM

Default How do you store your bow?

I normally keep mine locked up in it's case, but have been thinking it may be best to hang it on the wall. Which would be best for the bow, and how do you store yours?
Old 02-12-2006, 09:27 PM

Default RE: How do you store your bow?

I hang mine on a peg much like they do at the archery shop.

This can't be good for the bow can it?

I would also like to know what the prescribed method is.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I store mine in a case in a cool dry area.If its a bow that I don't plan on shooting for several months, I will back the limbs out to the lowest poundage. I have hung my bows up before but don't recomend it if its in direct sunlight at all. A few years backmy 3 year old Martin had it limbs delaminate andexplode while it was hanging,becauseit wasgetting baked in the sunlight each and everyday. Martin replaced them for free but gave me warning not to over expose my bows to sunlight or heat during storage. It was a lesson I'll never forget.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:53 PM

I keep mine in a soft-side bowcase. I've never heard of the "best" way to store one. But I would like to know if there's a specific way to store one.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

Not sure what the best way is. I keep mine in a hard case.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:50 AM

I keep mine in a hardcase. I rarely go more than a week without shooting, so I leave it set at 62 lbs.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have always stored mine in a hard case. During the season it remains inside a soft case so it is easier to transport and lighter. Then after season, clean it up, do maintenence that is necessary, wax the string and store it in the hard case. When I am not deployed though, it stays in the soft case and gets used all winter during league! [8D]
Old 02-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to stand it on one end and lean it against some shelves! [8D]

Seriously though, it's either laying in it's case or suspended horizontally by two hooks on either end of the riser.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best way I know to store your bow is in a hard case, to prevent accidents in a cool dry place like cellar. You do not have to back off on the poundage unless you are going to store it for a long time. Keep the string waxed and lubracate all moving parts. I would also like to take a moment and remind everyone about not storing your bow in a car, truck, even in a trunk. The heat caused by direct sunlight comming in a window of you house as well. This heat and sun causes the fiberglass and appoxies to break down and over a period of time could cause your limbs to crack or peel. so when you go on those 3D shoots don't lock your bow in the car or truck or if you work all day and want to hunt after work keep your windows cracked so the heat dosen't build up. Good Luck Mike
Old 02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I prefer to lay mine on the dinning room table and then move it to my first floor bar area. You know any place in the way. That way my wife know's I'm home and can appreciate the time I'm traveling.

Quick Reply: How do you store your bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.