Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 mad at myself!!! >

mad at myself!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mad at myself!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default mad at myself!!!

this weekend i had it all planned out to go shed hunting and kill sum bunnies... well the past week i havent been feeling well so i went to the doctors last night... turns out i have phnemonia in both lungs...there goes my weekend plans...maybe a few weeks ago i shouldve stayed inside when it was cold instead of chasin cotton tails, i guess the sheds will have to wait.[:'(] ( it kills me having to be inside)
when do you guys think its prime time for shed hunting?
Old 02-08-2006, 09:52 AM

Default RE: mad at myself!!!

That sucks! A case of bronchitis took me out of bow season for almost two weeks this past season!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your health is more important, the sheds and bunnies can wait.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 AM

I feel your pain. I have to spend the night in the hospital tonite for one of those sleep studies, and then next week get ultrasound done on my liver...for somereason my liver function is really off...doc said to stay out of the woods until I get this cleared up. I don't even drink! LOL 38 and falling apart. [:@]
Old 02-08-2006, 11:08 AM

Was getting ready to go do some outdoor stuff about two weeks ago and started feeling sick. My wife finally talked me into going to the doctor when one night I woke up with a 103 degree temp.. Doctor looked at me, and when he said say ahh I think I saw him jump back 3 feet. Just said, "don't know why I am bothering testing you when a blind man can see that you have strep".. Orders were about the same as any could expect, stay in bed, take your meds or I will be seeing you in a day or two with pnemonia as well.. Other lesson learned (soon to be forgotten I am sure) is listen to your wife when she tells you to go see a doc.. Could have started getting treated a day or two earlier.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:14 AM

Guys, don't mess around with your health.I know as men we have a tendancy to want to "tough it out", but that can be dangerous. A friend of mine did that a few years ago. Had fever and mild flu symptoms. He put off going to the doc for over a month. Long stort short, he was gone a year later. It was cancer. 4 beautiful kids and wife. He was 42. Don't mess around. We'll never know if that extra month of treatment would have saved him or not.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be glad it's only for a weekend! Between my pregancy with my son and my daughter and a surgery following her birth, I had to be on bedrest for a total of 56 weeks in less than 2 years. Take the weekend to take care of yourself so that it's not worse later. You'll be glad when you don't end up in the hospital with IVs and oxygen tubes hanging out of ya!!
Old 02-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know exactly and I mean exactly how you feel. My Jr. year in high school, (which was only 3 years ago) I had pneumonia in both lungs. I got so bad I was put in the hospital.....and for a while I was wondering if it was going to be the end of me. I'm glad it wasn't but it was sure a scare. Let me tell you there's nothing more important than taking care of yourself, and I know that now more than ever.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

i feel your pain....i got a nasty cold now actually...better to stay inside and rest up when your under the weather...how about last year....i had mono the week before deer season opened...planned to sight in the rifle that weekend...and a trip to the mountains with dad for the next weekend to hunt the first mon and tuesday in the big woods..plus had off the WHOLE first week to hunt with the gang at home...well...had to miss work for like a week and a half before that.....had to cancle the trip..didnt want to hold dad back from hunting...alot of walking involved in the big woods....but heck ya i went hunting the first day!!! think i went back to work the next day....think i kept missing school that week though lol..had to pay the bills and xmas was coming up ect...the weekend right before i managed to drive to a buddies farm and managed to walk to set up a target and sight in the rifle...and hunted the whole first day....it dang near killed me...i didnt have to walk all that far to hunt..maybe 1/4mile...then a couple hundred yard max after i met the gang at noon to drive...it took a toll on me...my case of mono was so bad they wanted to keep me in the hospital and put an airway in.....i wouldnt have that...all i wanted to do was goto my own bed! lol....the doctor argued with me for a while.....but i got my way!!
Old 02-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in central illinois some of the bucks are still carrying . i was out for a walk around today and saw two big bucks that were still sporting both sides seen anothe small buck with only one side . i found one 5 point side right after new years so you got time to heal first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.