Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best hunting Sights? >

Best hunting Sights?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best hunting Sights?

Old 02-08-2006, 11:05 AM

Default RE: Best hunting Sights?

i have a copper john 3 pin still works pretty good level fell off. metal may be a little soft i would look into another sight if it was me
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Spike

I have a Copper John Dead Nuts III and it's the best sight I've ever owned. Sure, I suppose a Spot Hogg might be nicer, but I can't see spending that much more $. The CJ III have nice small pins which are great for 3D and target shooting. When they first came out with the small pins, the fibers were a little weak, but they've fixed that problem and I haven't had any trouble since then. When I initially emailed CJ about the problem with my fibers, they sent me a whole bunch ofthe new version of replacement fibers the same day. Excellent customer service! Stay away from the Cobras, as I've had friends that have had noise/vibration trouble with them.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am using the VBG AST site and I Love it. I was using the Trophy Ridge but the VBG is so much brighter.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting, I don't like the scopes, because all-too-often, the situation in the stand is not conducive to constantly reaching down to re-adjust the yardage. With fixed pins, you never have to worry.

If you're shooting 40+ yards, especially 3d, you'll probably need more than 3 pins.

Like Shed33 said, I don't like the "stacked" pin design, either. A deer is a smaller target vertically than it is horizontally. That's why it seems to be only natural that your pins come into the sight window horizontally. That way, when taking aim, you can accurately measure how much fur is visible above AND below the pin, to make sure you have the right shot placement.

I'm to the school of thought that one set of fixed pins is just as good as the next. They just sit there. There are no moving parts, no disassembling/reassembling, just locked into position. In my opinion, whatever does the job the cheapest is probably the best option. Obviously, you don't want any brittle plastic or pins that will bend/snap if they get snagged in the brush. Look for something that is metal and sturdy, and all your dreams will come true.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know these sights are more expensive than what you are looking for, but check out Viper Sights. I saw thw 2006 brochure yesterday and they are coming out with some really well made sturdy sights. I was really impressed.

Shane
Old 02-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

* l love my vital bow gear.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 PM

I have a spot hog and i wish i would have got it before the trophy ridge and the other 3 cheapo sights i forget the name of. Its atough sight .i have the 29 thou. pins id like to put on 19 on the 20 & 30
Old 02-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

the expensive ones
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Thanks for all the replies! I went to a local store tonight and I chose the Copper John 5 pin in Mossy Oak Camo. It really goes well with my bow. I also purchased the cover cap for the site pins. I was a little concerned on the brightness of the pins, but I think they will brighten up when I get them outside. Thanks everyone for the tips and opinions. I hope they do me well this season.

JB
Old 02-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Missouri! Good shooting! Knock em dead! [8D]

Quick Reply: Best hunting Sights?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.