Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you think of Easton Axis ST Shafts? >

What do you think of Easton Axis ST Shafts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you think of Easton Axis ST Shafts?

Old 02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default What do you think of Easton Axis ST Shafts?

I am thinking of using the Easton Axis ST shafts (black) with my 30" draw 60lb Tribute. Are these good shafts and how do they hold up? Please list any pro's and con's. Also what Spine would you shoot with my set up?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think of Easton Axis ST Shafts?

I've been shooting these arrows for 2 years and love them thus far. I've found them to have excellent durability and they provide great penetration. They retail for around $90/doz but there are several places on the internet that you can get them for around $65. I shot these arrows for 3d for 2 summers and they held up very well.

Assuming that your arrow is around 29-30" at 60lb. I believe that you should shoot the 400's. Good luck with your decision but I rate these arrows very highly. Tip them with a slick trick and you have a deadly combination.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with DWD on this one ,I've been using the 340's for the last year and they're awsome regardfless of what I've heard from some other's .I'm sticking with my Axis's again this season ,and I'll be getting some more real soon.

I also think the 400's would be just about right for you ,but you can go to the easton site and find out for sure which would be perfect for you .

nubo
Old 02-07-2006, 04:55 PM

Bigcountry I shoot axis as well and they are almost indestructible.My set up is 28.5 60# which call for 400's as well.But I ended up with a 1/2 dozen 340's by mistake to my surprise they shoot better then my 400's.This is good for me as my bow is maxed out and I want to keep it there