Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drop rest or Whisker Biscut????? >

Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

Old 02-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

Whisker Bisquit all the way. I understand the use of drop-aways for 3D shooting but the WB is completely silent and holds the arrow in place (regradless ofbow attitude/positon) during long hours on the stand.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

If you do a search this topic has been beat down.
That beingsaid ,
I got rid of my WB for a drop zone, much better for me.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not a fan of the WB....
Old 02-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Fork Horn

I am using a Ripcord fall away rest and really like it. You can flip it
up into position, if you want, and you would just about have to
turn your bow upside down for the arrow to fall out of it.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

I've never used a drop away but I'm sure they are great. I've used the TM hunter type, Bodoodle Pro, and the WB. I really like the WB. I shoot very tight groups and can't really see another rest getting any better. There are other rests that contain the arrow but doubt any are better than the WB. I shoot both plastic vanes and feathers. The plastic vanes will get a little wavy after awhile but usually by that time I'm ready for new ones anyway. I've read you can heat the vanes with a blow dryer and they will straighten out but, as stated, I usually just re-fletch. The feathers work just fine and I actually may like them better. I use Gateway feathers and they are a little stiff when new and after several shots thru the WB they soften up which I like. Eventually they will start to wear down but, just as the vanes, its usually about time to re-fletch anyway. Using aluminum arrows I was getting some noise on the draw. I waxed the arrows which eliminated the noise, although I don't really like the feel of waxed aluminum. I also sanded some of them which seemed to work also. I have went to carbons and no noise problem. Simple rest. No moving parts. Always performs as needed. I am totally satisfied with it. Like NYH said, you can do a search and find a ton of threads on the WB and maybe some info to help. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a RipCord dropaway as well. Now that I've shot with it I'll never change to anything else! Not quite sure where you are from, but one thing that most people don't talk about is that if you are ever in really cold weather with rain or snow your WB will freeze up and become more stiff. Something that really rips up on your fletchings. Not to mention that the "whiskers" can wear out fairly quickly as well. I'd like to get a WB for both of my kids bows. They are 2 and 4 and have a hard time keeping the arrow on the rest while trying to shoot. But definately the drop away!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Fork Horn

i have had the wisker biscut for 4-5 yrs. just changed my biscut this year. i use feathers, i spray them and the rest with NO SNOW. i have never ever had a freeze up. 5 arrows touching (the arrows not the feathers) at 20yds. how much more accurate can you need unless shooting purely for compitions. i shot around 1500 shots this year then replaced my feathers, they were shooting fine i just had the time and they were looking alittle worn. ive seen feathers shoot straight even when one or two are really worn out or missing chunks.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used the NAP Quicktune 2000 dropaway for the last 2 1/2 years and couldn't be happier with it. It's performed flawlessly every time and is very quiet as well.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:52 AM

I switched from the WB to the qad ultra and wont go back
Old 02-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

For strictly hunting situations, a WB works better since your arrow can't fall off the rest!! For more target vs hunting, or looking for the perfect groups, a drop away will be your best choice. I went to the trophy Ridge Drop Zone along with a string loop on this new bow, and I love it!!
I use mine 50/50!! Target and hunting.

Quick Reply: Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.