HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:03 PM
aeroslinger
Typical Buck

Default RE: Drop rest or Whisker Biscut?????

I've never used a drop away but I'm sure they are great. I've used the TM hunter type, Bodoodle Pro, and the WB. I really like the WB. I shoot very tight groups and can't really see another rest getting any better. There are other rests that contain the arrow but doubt any are better than the WB. I shoot both plastic vanes and feathers. The plastic vanes will get a little wavy after awhile but usually by that time I'm ready for new ones anyway. I've read you can heat the vanes with a blow dryer and they will straighten out but, as stated, I usually just re-fletch. The feathers work just fine and I actually may like them better. I use Gateway feathers and they are a little stiff when new and after several shots thru the WB they soften up which I like. Eventually they will start to wear down but, just as the vanes, its usually about time to re-fletch anyway. Using aluminum arrows I was getting some noise on the draw. I waxed the arrows which eliminated the noise, although I don't really like the feel of waxed aluminum. I also sanded some of them which seemed to work also. I have went to carbons and no noise problem. Simple rest. No moving parts. Always performs as needed. I am totally satisfied with it. Like NYH said, you can do a search and find a ton of threads on the WB and maybe some info to help. Good luck.