Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!! >

Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Well as you guys know there was a certin 10 pointer that i wanted sheds from and i havn't gotten any pictures of him since Jan 8. Well i figured out why. Someone shot him with a Muzzle loader on Jan 9. I think it is the same buck what do you guys think.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Default RE: Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Here is the rack. I hope i get to meet this guy so i can give him the pictures that i have and the shed from this buck when he was a year and a half old. I would also like toCongratulate him on a wonderful harvest.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure looks awfully similar to me. The only thing I see right away that raises some doubt is the G4 on his right side. In the top photo it appears straight and in the bottom photo it has a definite hook to it. Although camera angles can play tricks on you and everything else seems to match up identically. I would say chances are that it's the same buck, but you just never know.

EDIT - upon further review the G2 and G3 on his left antler in the to photo really appear to be close to sharing a common base, whereas in the bottom photo they are separated by a pretty good distance. I just don't know what to think.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Justin; I noticed the "hook" right away... enough to cast suspicion that this may NOT be the same buck...
Old 02-01-2006, 12:54 PM

that and if you look at his right side brow tine it looks to have a little spading going on and there also seems to be a sticker right under it. I dont know, this thing was shot about 5-10 miles from where the pictures where taken. I am praying to god when i go check my cam tomorrow that there is some picture of him.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is generous of you to provide the guy with a pic and congratulate him. Shows a lot of character...but there is no way that buck is only 1.5 years old...he's at least 2.5...don't ya think?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That is generous of you to provide the guy with a pic and congratulate him. Shows a lot of character...but there is no way that buck is only 1.5 years old...he's at least 2.5...don't ya think?
no no no. He is 4.5 years old i have his shed from when he was 1.5
Old 02-01-2006, 01:13 PM

Nope, not the same buck, but certainly from the same blood line.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think they are diffrent..but same blood.....i noticed the others diffrences...and also the live pic seems to have more mass then the rack..couldjust be the pics but i say they are diffrent....howd you get the pic of the rack if you dont know the guy?? just curious...both are nice bucks...good luck......
Old 02-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are not the same buck. If you look at the picture of the deer that was harvested, the G3 on the left side of the picture(deers right antler)has a crook in it. The picture you have of the other deer feeding looks like it has a pretty straight G3 to me compared to the one that was harvested.

Shane

Quick Reply: Terrible Terrible NEWS today!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.