Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Post Hunting Season Depression... >

Post Hunting Season Depression...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Post Hunting Season Depression...

Old 01-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Post Hunting Season Depression...

Well... Another season has come and gone... And now another 8 months and 16 days until it opens again... I was at home yesterday BORED... Nothing to look forward to next weekend... Although we do have 2 more weeks of Goose season, it's just not the same... Anyone else go through this...??I know you can get out there and start scouting for next year, and I'll be out there... But it's so far away it's hard to look forward to... Sheds aren't really off here yet... So Feb. is a nothing month... Nothing to do...
Old 01-30-2006, 09:10 AM

Default RE: Post Hunting Season Depression...

Yeah I hated to see it go. Had a good season, though. Now I can just spend time with the wife and child and wait till next year.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 AM

Same here.... Hate to see it go but all good things come to a end.

It was a great season and I probably hunted harder and hunted more than past years, so that means I have alot of unattended projects that need doing or finishing. Nows the time I guess[&o]Well good thing is I can get caught up before turkey season hits and then its off the woods with the bow and Double Bull in hand.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:42 AM

i'm busy finding new property and getting pictures of bucks looking for sheds mostly looking for property hopfully i will get 835 acres of protected propertywith monster bucks like 2 minutes away from where that 230" buck was taken
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 AM

For the last few years I've had ice fishing to occupy my mind with which has helped a lot with PHSD, or even coyote hunting in the snow..

... With this warm weather we're having, I'm starting to get the d.t.'s
Old 01-30-2006, 11:32 AM

I'm usually so exhausted by the time season ends that I am grateful for the break. Also, I am usually so far behind on my honey-do list, it takes me a couple of months to catch up. However, after a few months I start to get antsy. That's when I start practicing, tuning, making changes, making plans, getting my gear togetheretc. for next season. It's all part ofa cycle for me. This year I think I am going to schedule a hog hunt for June or July (about when I startthinking aboutopening day too much) just to breakup the down time.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

hvy...Well, Saturday morning I went squirrel hunting...great practice with a .22 and scope...killed 6...Saturday afternoon I went crow hunting...killed 4...then I pulled out the .243, wanted to see how it liked the Fusion bullets I had picked up...it didn't...shot about 20 rounds off the bipod and everything checked out ok....

Sunday after church I started a batch of vegetable soup made with canned deer meat, cleaned and oiled some of my guns and finished cleaning up my 4-wheeler (I had changed the oil, spark plug, cleaned air filter, washed etc before Sunday)

Brother and I have set off food plots for next year and decided what we will plat in each, time to get ready for next year...plenty to do...Good luck

Old 01-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had it during the season
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM

Im having the same deal happen to me, only thing to look forward to is get out and try to get some yotes but it just isnt the same!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i got the summer to look forward to since i live near the ocean and my dad is going to run a charter service this summer. i might be working on the back of a different boat for any where to 50 to 100 dollas a day so i got plenty to do i also have turkey season comin up and dove season

Quick Reply: Post Hunting Season Depression...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.