Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

paper tune???

Old 01-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default paper tune???

I posted this in the tech forum but I figured it would get more hits here.

I am new to paper tuning and I am not sure how to interpret my results. All I have to go by is the easton tuning guide diagram and my cut really don't look like any of them.

Any help appreciated.

[/align]

Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Default RE: paper tune???

Those look pretty good to me but it looks like your arrow fletchings are angleing to the left. So dont qute me on this if I am wrong but I think you should adjust the rest a little to the left. Remember dont quote me!!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

they look good to me it looks like they are goingthru strait
Old 01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't paper tune.. To me it's a waste of time. If you go though all the right steps and set your bow up right, paper tuning is a waste.. And if I did, it would be the very last thing I would do.. too many people start there. too much emphasis is put on paper tuning.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy that, Rev. If you put everything on yourself...rest...nock..everything..and do not paper tune...you could still be off to the slightest degree.

I like to be 100% sure my arrows are flying true.

Digi, take a marker or a crayon and color each fletching a different color..and try again. It looks like the fletchings are kicking out to the left, imo. Make a slight adjustment on your rest and you should be g2g.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

gonna have to go with the Rev on this one. I have never paper tuned and shoot good groups. Could it be better if I did? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is I am satisfied and no need to waste paper.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:37 AM

I think you look pretty good from what I can see. I am guessing you use vanes. What little variations I can see in that picture could easily be caused by form problems that you will lose your mind trying to "tune" out.

I say move on to the next step and start shooting.

I don't really paper tune all that much either. I feel it is an ok way to start just to see if something is really off, but usually I can get things pretty close by eyeballing stuff when I set it up. If I do paper tune I don't drive myself crazy trying to get a perfect bullet hole anymore.

I would never shoot my bow thru paper once I start to fine tune it. If its shooting good I don't really want to know what it doing thru paper a few feet from my bow. Just more reasons to second guess yourself or your equipment.

The main reason I don't paper tune though is that too many other things can effect the outcome like grip and form. Of course they can effect any type tuning to some degree.

Paul
Old 01-28-2006, 07:42 AM

just say'NO' to paper tuning. learn how to walk back tune and tiller tune and you'll never need the paper again.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Count me in the no-paper-tune crowd. I'd never paper tuned and had to shoot different spots to keep from robinhooding with all my bows. After I lost my last bow after only 2 months of having it and spending the time to fine tune it up, I bought another new one and decided to paper tune it. Took it to the shop and the guy farted around with it for about 45 minutes and couldn't get it papered. I said forget it, I'd do it myself and brought it home. I don't know if its paper tuned or not but I'm back to being careful about shooting the same spots 30 yards and in.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:00 AM

hey patcurtis, how bout them colts - just kidding - i'm a panthers fan feeling the pain.

if you like papertuning - set it up (if you're a righty) with a half inch high and left tear and watch your groups get better.

Quick Reply: paper tune???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.