Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is this a Black Coyote >

Is this a Black Coyote

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this a Black Coyote

Old 01-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is this a Black Coyote

The evidence that it could be either a coy-dog or a black coyote is easily acceptable to me. The bottom line is that it is of the coyote family. Get yourself some calls and have some fun.

Here is one that I called in about 5:30 tonight. It is on the smallish side, 32 pounds. It is a young male that I called in with a combination ofdying rabbit squeals and coyote howls. Slightly over 120 yards; a chipshot for most gunners. He couldn't figure out what I was in the camo. I was sitting in a grassy terrace.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Years ago my neighbor found and brought home a puppy from upstate NY. When he got older and biggerhe looked just like the picture. It was half wolf/half dog.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

i think its a really big coyote...they can get up to 80 lbs as my friends have seen them in maine
Old 01-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like a wolf maybe you can take the pics to your local fish and game to find out for certain
Old 01-29-2006, 05:34 PM

do you plan on flingin' a lungbuster at that thing??
Old 01-29-2006, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: cameronmclain

do you plan on flingin' a lungbuster at that thing??
If I get the chance
Old 01-29-2006, 06:31 PM

i've got a dog with demoditic mange, caused by demodex mites. (or something like that). same kind that live in our eyebrows - or similar. she can't fight them. different than sarcoptic mange. she gets ivormectin every day almost or they'll come back. the problem comes when they die in the hair follicle. it makes a sore that becomes staff - which will eventually kill her. she's a beautiful and large norwegian elkhound, but we had to get her fixed because its an immune deal she'd pass on to her pups.

i use to have 3 87% timberwolves and raised a litter. if bill didn't explain it well enough - its not a wolf in my opinion. body isn't long enough, head isn't big enough.....
Old 01-29-2006, 06:34 PM

One bad case of mange.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shadowace,

I think I recognize that three legged mangy critter. Someone was looking for him. Seems like I saw his image on a lost and found billboard. I think his name was "lucky" or something like that...
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM

chupacabra

Quick Reply: Is this a Black Coyote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.