Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Tree Stand Ethics >

Tree Stand Ethics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Stand Ethics

Old 10-18-2002, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree Stand Ethics

i think NJ is right .the public land i hunt around thunderbird lake in oklahoma you cant leave stands up all season long their breaking the regs for this hunting area.i would put a stand up in the area if it looks promising,get to know your new neighbor in the woods,i never say anything to the hunters who stalk by my climber early in the morning i dont like it but its public land.
Old 10-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-18-2002, 06:30 PM

Okay sorry for the delay getting back, I've been out hunting/working strangely enough. The situation is this, the land is open private land and the owner just gives permission to all comers. Now I understand someone spent the time to scout and put up a stand. But guess what I scouted that same spot, the only difference is I pack my stand in and out each day instead of hanging it all the time. The truth of the matter is most of these spots I planned on using 2 months ago. So I guess I feel like, just because they leave multiple stands and I hump mine in and out, doesn't mean they should have dibs on all the quality spots. Hope this clarifies some of this. I guess at this point I have found to many stands to really count on this chunk of land anyway, too bad though it is the closest to my house.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:24 PM

NJB,

Sorry if I sound that way but I am raising teenagers. Trying to get them into adulthood in one piece and teach them a few things. That father thing sometimes just comes out.

That implication is just that. And not necessarily directed at YOU!! In point of fact you don't know what the other guy IS like. He might be polite and say, "I'm Sorry!" Or he could say, "I'm a gonna kick the **** out of you boy!."

You don't know if he has had a bad day. You don't know what he's been smoking. You don't know what he's been drinking! Or if he has been drugging. This is not implied specifically against hunters.

I have had few occasions to specifically "draw the line" in my life. When I did they were over matters of family, life and limb.

OH, AND THE WORLD IS NOT GETTING ANY WORSE!! Remember the holocaust? Remember the Indian wars? Remember the Romans? Remember Attila the Hun? We as people always have the aggressive streak. Best not to have it when it could get really NASTY.

I sincerely hope you have a great and SAFE hunting season. Your deer is out there!
Old 10-18-2002, 09:19 PM

Cabelas-I am sure that it is illegal to carry a firearm while bowhunting in AZ. CWP law is in conflict and courts have already ruled that we can carry in state parks with no gun rules. My point is that no matter what the law states I know a bunch who sneak a handgun along and why would you want to be a jerk over a treestand if you can walk a little further or do your homework earlier. We can legally hang stands and leave them here. This is the reason I am a ground hunter. Too much of a hassle and plenty of good land to creep. Good hunting.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:37 PM

I read a few of these posts and scrolled down to reply.
For PUBLIC LAND: the area is 1st come 1st serve (PUBLIC, PUBLIC, PUBLIC). Plain and simple. To the folks who go whaa that they scouted early summer, blah blah blah and they have "the rights" to the place, well then BS. Now if hunter B walks in and hunter A is blinking his maglite at you in the dark, then of course move on.