Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My results using Blazer vanes >

My results using Blazer vanes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My results using Blazer vanes

Old 01-18-2006, 06:21 AM

Default My results using Blazer vanes

I purchased a 100 pak of Blazer vanes to see what all the hubub was about and cut the vanes off of 3 of my practice arrows and put on the Blazers. After shooting all of the arrows 6 times ( 3 fletched with Blazers and 6 fletched with 5" plastic vanes) my coclusion was that there is simply no difference. From talking with some archers and reading on this site , I have gathered that the feather users are the ones that are loving these so much and that they never shot vanes at all before the Blazers and thus the raving from them. If you already shoot vanes , don't waste you money on a pile of these but if you want to try a few for fun , have someone give you 3 of thiers and you will see what I mean. This is my opinion only FWIW. Good hunting.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:45 AM

Default RE: My results using Blazer vanes

I have not tryed these vanes ,but,I to have heard all the hype!
They say they are more durableand a over all better vane.I dont know.
I dont like the Idea of trying these if there is no difference.I am shooting
4 inch dura vanes.If it is not broke don't fix it!!
Old 01-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your not comparing apples to apples... if your going to test them, test them under extreme conditions.you didn't indicate of any type of pass thru. there is no way that a 4 in vane will take the abuse the blazer will take...
I know, I've put my arrows thru various objects to prove this point. There are too many that will agree with me. I use blazers for hunting, and 2.3 dura vanes for competition.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 AM

Rev, understood , however , I have 8 doz. Goldtips that are already fletched with duravanes and unless I saw dramatic evidence of greater accuracy , I wasn't about to refletch. I do not shoot through things when I practice just to see if the vanes can handle it and never had a problem with the duravanes after many passthroughs in game which is where it counts anyways. If I were to buy new , I would have no problem buying shafts and using the Blazers , they were no better and no worse than what I have now as far as accuracy goes. Plus , now I own 100 of them - LOL. Just a frugal archer not wanting to waste anything , especially my time unless it would be a great improvement. Thanks for the comments.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Did you shoot them with field points or broadheads?
Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 AM

hmmm i was thinking bout getting some of these for my setup might think twice now
Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 AM

I have some ordered should be here in a cuple of days, I am a feather guy so will see what all thetalk is about. Ill let you know.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blazers are far more resistent to damage than duravanes. If you shoot a biquit there really is no other vane worth gluing to your arrows. Will they make you shoot better, I doubt that. What they are is extremely light so that can help with FOC if you need it. I see no reason to shoot anything else at this point.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:12 PM

All good points and the durability thing could be helpful but I am not that hard on the vanes so really not an issue. I only shot them with field points and cannot comment on the broadhead thing. Please note , I am not condemning these , I am stating that they shoot exactly the same as what I already have . I was talked into them by a friend that shot feathers and he loved them but he had never shot vanes before. Bottom line is that I was happy with what I had but wanted to see what all the talk was about and reported my findings. It's all just opinion and I am open to any others opinions as well. I recommend everyone try them for themselves but just do a few arrows and do your own comparrison. Good hunting.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM

Forgot to mention the bisquit thing. These rest have thier place but it is not on my bows. If I were shooting with one , I agree that these vanes are top choice but I would rather stay away from anything that is that hard on vanes. Again , just my opinion. My trophy takers are sweeeet !

Quick Reply: My results using Blazer vanes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.