Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gearing up for 06? >

Gearing up for 06?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gearing up for 06?

Old 01-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gearing up for 06?

Anyone gearing up for 06 yet?

Tellus what you got and why you feltyou needed (wanted) the new gear you picked up.

This year I found myself using my climber more than I would have liked. I don't care for the extra noise associated with setting up and climbing with climbers. I like to hunt pretty close to bedding and beddingtransition areas and the climber just won't allow me that option. Also toting a decoy along with a climber is miserable

Remedy??? I went out and bought 10 morelockons this past weekend. I will have nearly doublethe lockonstand locations next year. I currently have 11 in use, soon to be 21. Man I am pumped to get the sites primed and get themall up.

BTW the look from my girlfriend was priceless when I was unloading the truck

Also, as I posted a couple weeks ago my poor alley is over a year old now.She wants to retire from hunting duties andbe put on as full time 3D machine. So hunting duties will now be passed onto the Tribute.

I am still debating what else I need at this time

So what gives, what are you guys up to????
[/align]
Old 01-17-2006, 03:36 PM

Default RE: Gearing up for 06?

Well, I just got my ASAT suit right at the end of this season, but I guess that counts.

My TruBall Tornado is almost 10 years old, so I believe I will be replacing that pretty soon, though I don't yet know what the replacement will be.

The only other thing would be rain gear. I bought some this year, but I don't like the pants. I will be looking for some bibs.

This past season was my big change over year, so there's really not much I'll need for the upcoming season, although I am sure I will find something I just can't live without!

edit: If I could find the right deal on a new bow, that would be the ticket. I will also be looking for that.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't started yet ,but I'm seriously looking at trying some ACCSuper Slim's or some new Axis's and possibly a new bow ,just maybe the Tribute or the Alley. I got some new boot's 1600 gram's of thinsulate for the cold weather ,I was tired of the cold feet thing and I'm also planning on a digital game cam and a decoy .I'm sure that Will be it for this season.

nubo
Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM

I am getting some new arrows possibly easton A/C/C and a spott hog sight. Other things might include a new lockon stand.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:02 PM

Well, I bought a Summit Viper X5 right after Christmas, so I should be okay for stands next year.

Now that I am fully hooked on archery, I am already looking into getting my second bow. I just boughtmy first bow thispast November. Surprising? Probably not, considering archers are like women,we always need to be getting something new.

So, I am looking into a fully devoted Target/3-D bow. Just a few short months ago I wasn't even thinking about owning a bow and now I am looking into bow number two, plus all of the accessories. Any suggestions? I have the hunting bow pretty well set up, I just don't have much experience in the target/3-D aspect of archery yet.

But the list continues, it is probably more of a wish listratherthan a serious purchase list.

I am looking into getting some new camo, newboots,new Gold Tips (both hunting and target shafts), probably a fletching jig, vanes, nocks, another foam target, binoculars, rangefinder, new release, Primos Bowhunting Vest, Trail Camera, new knife set, new backpack/fanny pack, more flashlights. . .the list can go on forever.

So yeah, I have some "gearing" up to do for 2006, but as far as gearing up for '06, I think I am already in overdrive.

Full Throttle Shooting is what I like to call it.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:09 PM

I just bought a new to me 05 Bowtech Liberty. I should have plenty of fun accessorizing it as the year goes on. I really want to try the STS system after so much good I've heard about it. I don't need anything else but that doesn't mean I'm done shopping.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Site Bouncer

I think I may just get a pair of heavier insulated rubber boots. I have a pair but they are only 400gram thinsulate. Ihad to usemy warmer boots during the late season. The problem is most of my hunting is done near a smallcreek that at times gets too deep for the heavy boots.If I can get a pair with 1000grams or more,my feet will stay warm and I will still be able to cross the creek.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've never been a fan of climbers, but this year I'm buying the Summit Viper. I've always been of the belief that I'd rather be in the tree, set up, sweat free, noise free, and ready to hunt in 15 seconds from a ladder stand (or hang on). I also like to hunt close to bedding areas. I could never imagine clanking up a tree for 15 minutes and the disturbance involved. It just never seemed right taking the time being as stealthy as you can be, differing your routes to your stand location, etc.... and ultimately arriving at your tree to sound likea science project climbing the tree. HOWEVER........ there are way too many times when I've said over the years that "If I had a climber........."[:-] You can't argue the versatility. I suppose with enough practice you become quiet and efficient getting up the thing. So I'm going to give it a whirl.

I'm also going to buy 2 tripod stands. I have one of "those" locations with no tree in sight for a stand. There's a couple of perfect locations for tripods. I've hunted from the ground in the area a few times, but that gets rough with a mature buck and a bow.

Other than that just the usual odds and ends........... maybe some ASAT camo?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

new 06 bowtech tribute

vital bow gear sight

scott wildcat release - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

trophy ridge drop zone rest

new summit bullet backpacker climber

gold tip 7595 xt's

love my set-up can't get enough of it. The new tribute is god's gift to the archery world in my opinion. Love it all, and works totally AWESOME for me.

tim
Old 01-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Just went w/the Tribute (from the Switchback).
Also ordered an ASAT suit.
May look into a Double Bull Matrix (some A&& H@LE stole my Ameristep!).
Also got a new release (Scott Mini Goose).

CAN'T WAIT TO GO BOAR HUNTING THIS FEBRUARY!!!

Quick Reply: Gearing up for 06?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.