Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Has Arrived

Old 01-17-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Bow Has Arrived

Hey guys i'm new to this forum but just thought i'd let everyone know that my new 05 Bowtech Allegiance just came in the mail.All i got to do now is set it up with sights ect.. and i have one question i'm 13 what would u guys recomend of arrow rest. I was looking at the Whisker Bisquits but the drop aways caught myeye to and i was just wanting to get some input on both.I din't know if the dropaway would be to complicated for me.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow Has Arrived

Well I'm using the Muzzy Zero Effect on my 04 BowTech Patriot Dually ,it come's with an instructinal video on how to set it up after you have installed it a couple time's ,you can install it in minute's. easy to use and by far the best that I've used ever.

nubo
Old 01-17-2006, 06:34 PM

What nubo said.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I personally use a drop away and love it, however, being a beginner a HIGHLY recommend the whisker biscuit. This will help prevent costly "beginner"(still happens to us old hands though) mistakes like having your arrow fall off at full draw. My wife uses one and it works great for her. You will not lose any noticable speed with the whisker biscuit either.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:27 PM

An alternative to Whisker Bisquits would be the Bodoodle Zapper series. It includes all of the great features of a Bisquit but the rest doesn't contact the vanes if set up properly.

Luckily I was able to get the info I needed here on HNI to get beyond my problems with clearance. Remember, with this style rest having proper clearance is key.

If the rest is set up properly, the nock should be inserted into the shaft so when nocked, the cock feather will be vertical (straight up and down). This will allow for all vanes to pass through the rest without impacting your shot.

This rest is a full containment style rest, which is a great feature for hunters. Plus, for beginning archers it takes away alot of the set up and timing issuesthat sometimes is required with some types of drop away rest.

Next year I may switch over to a drop away rest, but for now, I am content with my Bodoodle Zapper 400. Another side note, while these rest are no longer being manufactured, you can still find them on the internet. They usually run from $30-50. You can either spend the extra money and get a camo finished rest or just buy the black finished rest for a little less money.

Hope this helps, yet another option among the thousands you already have sitting in front of you.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:37 PM

What do u mean it came in through the mail? Did you get it off of Ebay???
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 AM

Yes the bow came in the mail i ordered it from huntersfriend.com they have like a program that allows them to send the bow to your home if you dont have a bowtech dealer within so many miles of your home
Old 01-18-2006, 02:13 PM

Thats sweet that you were able to get an 05 Allegiance at 13 years old!!Im 16 and I dont know if I can afford an Allegiance.Well anyway what I would recomend is trying different rests on your bow and deciding what you like best based on accuracy tunability ect.Just my thought.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:17 PM

lol lets just say my grandpa put in alittle cash