Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Deer Scent burn sticks, questions? >

Deer Scent burn sticks, questions?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Scent burn sticks, questions?

Old 10-17-2002, 11:54 AM

Default Deer Scent burn sticks, questions?

I just got a pack of the Tink's All Season Scent sticks and am planning on trying them out this weekend. I was wondering if any of you had tried these and how you set up? I took a length of 3" black PVC and cut it into 12" sections. I am planning on drilling out some vent holes this evening and using it as a shelter for the sticks.

About how long should I expect these sticks to burn? Do you know or have any experiences with how far out they will be effective?

I guess I like to try new stuff and this idea hopefully will pan out. I've laid scent trails before and been very careful about my own scent but they never seem to work. I'm hoping this will disperse within a larger area and hopefully draw deer in, rather than having to hope a deer crosses my scent line and brings it in.

All in all, I'm excited to try these bad boys out and hope maybe some of you can help me with my first time. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Deer Scent burn sticks, questions?

the Deer Sense brand burns about 4 hours or so...not sure about the Tinks brand - I got some of the Tinks for my B-Day last week, so I may try them- should be about the same

I shot a doe year before last, with wind blowing from me to her & her yearling...she would sniff the smoke and take a few more steps toward me!

[*]NRA Annual Member www.nra.org[*]TNUSA Annual Member www.tnugent.com[*]NAHC[*]GOA[*]IDPA
Old 10-18-2002, 10:49 AM

Default RE: Deer Scent burn sticks, questions?

If it doesn't work try this. http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/topic.a...613&FORUM_ID=3

"Size may not matter but it sho IS nice!" [/quote]