Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I took the mathews challenge....and... >

I took the mathews challenge....and...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I took the mathews challenge....and...

Old 01-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Default RE: I took the mathews challenge....and...

With my Trykon the draw cycle at first was hard to get used to. But then again, I have never shot in my life so I really didn't know what to expect.

After about 3 times out with the bow and turning the poundage down just a bit, the draw cycle becomes something you get used to. Slowly I am going to raise the poundage as I continue to practice this winter. By next year, I should be ready to shoot 60 lbs and be used to everything that bow will throw at me. (Let's hope anyways)

As far as hand shock, I really don't feel any. I feel a slight jump after the shot, but nothing that isn't managable.

Old 01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I never shot the Trykon...maybe I should've. I drew it, and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

The Switchback I had for one year (1 boar and 1 buck to its credit!) was incredible! I loved it...or so I thought!

The BowTech Tribute I shot last month blew me away!! Incredible speed (according to my bow shop's chrono, I'm just under 300 fps at 70lbs w/a 29 inch draw and a 27 inch Easton Axis 340) and no problems at all with noise or shock!!

Congrats on your new bow!!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:32 PM

Congrats on the new Mathews!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took the Mathews Challenge as well. I have nothing but good things to say about my Switchback.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I think it was PT Barnam that said it, "one born every minute".[8D][8D]
I think your post is way off line. Instead of a congrats on the new bow, your putting him down because he didn't buy that Hoyt? Guys like you kill me with your brand bashing.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: maytom

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I think it was PT Barnam that said it, "one born every minute".[8D][8D]
I think your post is way off line. Instead of a congrats on the new bow, your putting him down because he didn't buy that Hoyt? Guys like you kill me with your brand bashing.
Chill dude, he was just having fun with it. You must of had a peod day, sorry to hear it. Kick back and have a beer and don't take it so serious.

Bobby
Old 01-17-2006, 10:26 PM

I took the matthews challenge, and it wasn't for me. So, in the end, i will stick with Hoyt, and I won't brand bash. If one works for you, go for it.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

This post was oviously wasnt asking what bow to buy but basically taking a shot at Hoyt which is okay, wether his comments are true or not is another question.I have to say after shooting all of the top of the line bows, Mathews, Hoyt, BowTec,etc etc they are all GREAT bows period, theyhave few flaws or slight variences in feel, vibration, noise and speed. It basically comes down to what feels best in your hand when shooting it like its been said many times. Yes Hoyt Trykons suck and should be used as boat anchors but its nice to have a dual purpose bow [:@]
Old 01-18-2006, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

This post was oviously wasnt asking what bow to buy but basically taking a shot at Hoyt which is okay, wether his comments are true or not is another question.
Close Diesel! My main thought when making the post was the coincidence that I went to the shop with the intention of deciding between a Trykon or a Switchback, and lo and behold when I got there, they had "the challenge" all set up for me. I had no idea there was any such promotion, the only shop I had been to in months isn't a Mathews dealer.

FWIW I actually preferred how the Trykon shot once set up (you can't really compare them bare since the SB has all those dampers on it). But I could not get past the draw cycle issue.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:23 AM

Hey Bols!
ORIGINAL: Bols

With my Trykon the draw cycle at first was hard to get used to. But then again, I have never shot in my life so I really didn't know what to expect.
I wish a Trykon had been my first bow. Don't get me wrong, my PSE Fireflite LC has served me very well over the last 8 years and I still enjoyed shooting it, and hopefully my nephew will enjoy it half as much before he inevitably destroys it.

As far as hand shock, I really don't feel any. I feel a slight jump after the shot, but nothing that isn't managable.
I believe that jump is hand shock. If you have a stabilizer on your Trykon, you shouldn't be feeling anything! I'd have your bow checked out. The bare bow that I shot (60lb, speed mods) made a very slight ping noise at the shot and would rotate backwards slightly after the shot, but a good stabilizer should fix both problems.

Quick Reply: I took the mathews challenge....and...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.