Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which Bow would you choose. >

Which Bow would you choose.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Reflex
1.79%
Bowtech
58.93%
A R
3.57%
Hoyt
26.79%
PSE
8.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Which Bow would you choose.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which Bow would you choose.

I voted BowTech, because that's what I'm currently shooting. I am pleased with the performance of my 2003 Ext VFT and I'm not one to just jump on this year's model because its newer and has the latest camo pattern. When I feel I've outgrown my bow or there are SIGNIFICANT advances, I will probably shoot a whole lotta bows and make a decision on what to buybased on what feels right, not what label is printed on the limbs.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

None of the above

ROSS
Old 01-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingnet has lived up to its nickname , bowtech bbs
Old 01-17-2006, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Huntingnet has lived up to its nickname , bowtech bbs
Whatch what you say>If you say any thing about matthews they will pull your reply!!
Old 01-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love Hoyt's but not the price... Call me a cheapskate, I don't care... I am seriously leaning toward Reflex bows. They are almost the same as a Hoyt and 1/2 the price!

I owned an old PSE and don't think I'd buy one again. The quote "Parts Scattered Everywhere" just cracks me up - and is true since my old PSE did blow up on me at full draw.

I have tried Parkers and also tried the Mathews Switchback too. For some reason, I am drawn to Hoyt's and the balance and feel of them. But I can't see paying THAT MUCH for a new bow. Therefore, I looked at the lesser version bows by Reflex and really like them.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

For strictly hunting purposes your right BigJ , however alot (probably most) folks who visit here regularly ,shoot their bows all year long , so it is important to pick out a bow that feels good when shooting it. I know I wouldn't look forward to a 3d shoot knowing that my bow had alot of hand shock , or that my arm would be ready to fall off by the end of the day due to a harsh draw cycle. So it's important to keepall that in mind when picking out a bow.

Out of the selections given , I enjoyed shooting the Hoyt Ultratech the best.
Your right, just to be clear I was talking about strictly hunting bows. I do however shoot my bow(s) all year as well. While I do not compete I do practice often. I have never had any problems with hand shock nor was I ever tired of shooting even after the longest of practice days, andmy Blood Brother or Rage Onewould never be confused with "high line" bows.

Maybe Browning does make the best bows in the world. And to think I foundthe RageOnein the garbage........

Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I refuse to answer this poll as I now feel segregated from the rest. You should have atleast put in an "Other" category. I am sure those are all great bows, and I have shot a few. But if you are going to do a poll, you shouldn't eliminate something or people because you don't like that particular bow.

Yes, my mathews would be number 1, and I used to have a Golden Eagle that would rank 2. My old PSE turned me away from them many moons ago. For some reason, I just don't like the hoyts. Which would also eliminate the reflexes, being they are the same bows. You will basically put the same company on a poll 2 times but you won't put a totally different manufacturer on there. What is that all about
Old 01-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

If I had to make a choice andthese were the only bows left on earth, I would demand a recount.There is only ONE and since you have seen the commercials, I am sure that you know who that is. Just Kidding!!!
Trying to get an uproar going.

These are all good bows. Ihave shot an AR the last 3 years and it is a good bow, not a great bow. I killed plently of deerso I have nothing bad to say about it except it has abitofhand vibrationwhen you shoot it.

On that list I would probably go with Hoyt first.

These lines all have very good bows. Shoot all of them and you decide which one you like.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

You really only have 3 manufacturers up here since Hoyt owns Reflex and PSE owns AR. This sounds more like a budget dependent decision to me.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

They pulled mine and I never said anything negative about Mathew's ,I just said Mathew's wasn't for me LMAO
I also recieved a nasty email to boot from another on the forum ,now that was a big LMAO ROTF

nubo

Quick Reply: Which Bow would you choose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.