Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

good bye again

Old 01-09-2006, 08:19 PM

Default good bye again

Well another season has come and gone here in Texas. I cant say it was a good one as we are and have been in extreme drout conditions. it hasnt rained here at my home in 3 months. it snowed a flurry or two back in early December but it was just a trace. The woods were so dry you couldnt walk without alerting everything in 2 miles. We couldnt have camp fires because of a burn ban. I saw a total of seven deer all season long and one was a dead buck my dad killed by accident while driving to his stand.on top of the drout, log haulers moved in and started cutting the timber on my small 350 acre lease. and they are still there.been selectivly cutting for 2 months. I hope all of your hunting seasons went better than mine. Hey theres always next year huh. maybe i will get some hog hunting when the log haulers clear out.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: good bye again

we have another two weeks here for deer but then small game opens and then before long it will be spring gobbler season....hopefully next year you'll have a better season.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:28 PM

sorry to hear you havent had to good of a season. My grandfather is in the same boat. I got lucky and had a good season but gramps says my season is commin where I won't get nothin. Lets hope it doesn't happen.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Typical Buck

I hear ya, gonzo. I hunted around Jonestown, Brady, and near Briggs and, man, was it slow. Seen about 8 deer all year until the end and finally got 1. Plus, lost my new bow on top of things. It was not a good year. Oh, well. Something about a bad day hunting beats.......... Can't wait til next season.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not goodbye Gonzo, its see ya later!!

This will help you appreciate a good year.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:48 AM

You're not leaving here until next season are you? The season doesn't end here.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:30 AM

thanks guys . yep i have high hopes on next season. i plan on gettin into varmint hunting hot and heavy until next october. this was just my year to get skunked. hey sometimes the deer win huh. if we had 100% successit wouldnt be any fun. i just hope the human element wont play such a role next year. slinger howed you lose your bow?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 AM

Man i am sorry to hear that, i dont know what i would do if I only saw 7 deer all season, i only had one day this season that i didn't see 7 in one day, and i hunted 64 days this season. That is a real bummer, i hope your next season is way way better, good luck.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:46 AM

oh man you guys just dont know. i had 1500 acres leased for the past 20 years. i had been managing the game on it and it was great. hogs deer and small game were abundant. so many deer that you could litteraly see up to 20 bucks a day on some stands. i planted year round food plots .the works. then the owner sold out to a guy who turned the place into a four wheeler park. he came in and booted me out. so i still had a 350 acre lease that joined it. thats the one the log haulers heve been on. the guy who bought my old place isnt a bad guy i dont mean to run him down. its just hard to see all my work go to waste now. and then to have the problems on the 350 acres dangit. now i hear that he is trying to but up every scrap of land around the area i hunt to add it to his wheeler fun park. i wish i had the funds to buy the land first .
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Hey I feel really bad for youbut there is always next year and I sincerly hope it goes better for you.

Quick Reply: good bye again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.