Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Report

Old 01-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bow Report

Went to the Pro shop today, got the ROSS all tuned up. I shot some other bows and was quite impressed.

TyKron-This bow shot great, I felt 0 hand shock. I like the weight, and the grip was awsome(a dislike I had in the past with Tec Risers). The only feel thing was the pull, it just kinda clunk over. If I shot the bow I am sure it would not be so bad.

SwitchBack-This is one finally tuned bow. It had a smooth pull, and 0 hand shock. I could see myself buying this bow for a Elk trip. I liked the wall, not to hard, not to soft. The arrow just wants to go where you aim.

ROSS CR337-I own this bow so I am a little bias. 1 main factor is it is 37 ATA bow which I really like, The hand shock was 0, the wall is the same as the switch back, just a tad softer(I love). The differnce and the deal breaker to me is the way the ROSS pulls. I have it maxed out at 68 lbs, and it feels like 50. It has zero rollover, which is why I bought it. I like a bow pulls back smooth, I feel I can pull it back with less noise. When the big boy comes I feel I will not jerk it back.

These are just my thoughts. Any of these bows would be fine for me. They are all great shooters!!
Old 01-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Report

Excellent write up G. I trust your judgement 100%.

P.S. - Send me your Ross for a few weeks and I'll send you my Tyrkon [&:]
Old 01-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow Report

Are you Left handed?