Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did everyone hear about Primos? >

Did everyone hear about Primos?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did everyone hear about Primos?

Old 01-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did everyone hear about Primos?

I don't feelthat they are bad bows but not my first choice either. I am surprised that they didn't go with one of the big three, meaning Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt. Of course maybe these are too big for prioms, don't know? HNIJustin do you have any more info on this as too why?
Old 01-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

When did Fred Bear buy AR? I went to all of their sites and it still looks like PSE still owns AR and Browning.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the Primos bunch, but I dont like it when a company promotes just one company like that, uses their equipment. It is almost like even if it is a lemon, or someone doesn't like it, you got to say you do because they provided them and sponsoring you.[&o]
Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 PM

Fred Bear TRX was my first bow and it shot VERY well..........matter of fact it still does only now in my brothers hands. They make a fine product IMO. That bow has taken a deer every year since I bought it.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I agree they are good bows, my first compound in the early 70s was a Bear, but it seems that with all the hunters watching these shows they shouldn't use just one. Then again it is all about the money and sponorship.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

They're a business, plain and simple. They probably signed with Bear because Bear was thebest overall deal available. For the average bowhunter, most any brand is adequate. I don't particularly like Bear's stuff these days but they were THE hot bow company whenI became an archer (a year or two ago).The way bow technology has advanced, they could be again tomorrow.I never paid attention to the bows the Primos guys shot before and I'll still watch theirvideos simply because I like most any hunting videos.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you are right they probably got a good deal on the bows and sponsorship and the business side of me says you got to. And I love to watch the Primos team only second behind HS. I can remember Bear's first compound, shoot I am old enough to remember the first compounds.

Anyway, personally I hate to see them use just one company's stuff. I will stick with my Matthews Ultra Max until it wont shoot no more. Lots of technology but it is quiet and I like it.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

When did Fred Bear buy AR? I went to all of their sites and it still looks like PSE still owns AR and Browning.

You're exactly right,and I can't believe you're the only one that caught that.[8D]I was just having fun.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

For those that are curious here is Primos' response on the subject over at cabin chat...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We also appreciate your support. Some people are speculating about the reason we left PSE and partnered with Fred Bear Archery. Here’s why. PSE’s management was not interested in continuing the sponsorship of the Team Primos PSE bow or sponsoring our show. Many people are also questioning why we went with Fred Bear Archery. We understand your opinion about our partnership with Fred Bear Archery. We felt the same way that you do when initially considering it. What we are excited about is partnering with an underdog. We want to help them to become one of the best bow companies out there. We feel after talking to the engineers and management at Fred Bear Archery that we can be part of helping turn them into one of the industries leading bow manufactures. By this we don’t mean that we will simply help them sell more bows. We are going to be involved in the process of helping them make better shooting bows that hopefully over time you will pick as one of the best bows out there. The exciting thing is that both companies are aware of the current opinion of bow hunters about Fred Bear bows. We sincerely think that by working together we can change this. If we were to have partnered with a bow company that was already considered one of the best out there we wouldn’t have a challenge ahead of us. We have to have a challenge to truly make a difference. If in three or four years you do not feel that Fred Bear Archery is producing bows that you consider top shelf bows we will have to work harder. We realize that this is not a short-term effort that will change overnight but a long-term effort where we can make a real difference.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We value your opinion and hope that you will continue to let us know if what we are doing is working.

Thanks,

Primos Hunting Calls
Old 01-11-2006, 07:52 PM

I just bought my first new bow this summer and it's a bear bow (GT32)...of course, the leading factor for me was the low price @ Bass Pro--but I couldn't be happier! It shoots straight, fairly fast...maybe its because I'm comparing it to my old bow which my grandpa handed down to me--and I'm pretty sure the bow is older than me!

Quick Reply: Did everyone hear about Primos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.