Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need an arrow length >

Need an arrow length

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need an arrow length

Old 01-06-2006, 07:13 AM

Default Need an arrow length

Well for Christmas my wife got me a new Hoyt Trykon (at least got one on order)

Now my birthday is the end of January and I asked for a dozen Easton ACC arrows. Since I have a 20% off coupon for Cabelas I told my wife just to order them. The problen is that my old bow has a 29" DL and the Trykon will be 27" and I'm switching from aluminum to ACC arrows. I need to get proper length to order the arrows. Since the draw length is changing I don't wan't to just measure my old arrows and take a guess at the length for the new arrows.Can anybody help me out with that?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 01-06-2006, 09:00 AM

Default RE: Need an arrow length

Congratulations on the new bow...I'm sure you will love it. I received 2 of those 20% coupons from Cabelas in the mail within the last 4 weeks...they are killing me because I keep using them and my wife is tired of hearing my justification for spending another $100 to use each one of them. My packages are in the mail. HA! Hard for her to complain when she just got a new piano for Christmas.

Good choice on arrows, online orders for arrows are tough when you don't have your bow in hand. I did the same thing and was a 1/2 inch off (too long)...wishing I would have waited. At least I can get them cut locally. It's better to error on the long side. Can you provide us memberswith the type of arrow rest you are using and the draw weight you plan to be using? This info may help somebody get you close. Arrow rest will help with length needed and the draw weight will help determine length to control spine depending on where you fall on the chart. Will you also be using fixed blade broadheads or just field tips? Maybe somebody will have access to this bow in your draw length at their local shop and can take some measurements.