Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf treestands >

Lone Wolf treestands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf treestands

Old 01-05-2006, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Lone Wolf treestands

my 2 cents is i have had them all as well and lone wolf stands alone. although i am 5'11 200. i love the hand climber and probably like the combonation climbing sticks-alfa hang on better because there aren't a ton of straght trees around here. i got to where i could walk in in the dark find a tree throw the sticks up and be in stand and ready in 15 min. the stand itself in 6-7 min. and towing everything up and getting settled in 6-7. i love them.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:13 AM

Just finished my second season with the hand climber combo...Best climber I've ever used. I don't even fold it flat until season is over and it goes back in the box. It is very lightweight, very quiet,and even unfolded it is thin enough for me to put behindthe front seat of my truck or hike through the woods with no problem.All day hunts are not a problem. Just pace yourself...I usually stand up every hour to hour and a half for about 10-15 min. and that helps me just fine. Platform is good size for me (6'1" 185# size 13 shoe). The only thing I have to watch is my boots. I have to stay around 800 grams insulation or less on rubber boots or it gets a little tight sliding them in between the edges for climbing.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used my sit and climb for 2 yrs. now. It is by far the best climber I have ever used. It is quiet, easy to put up and to pack away when you are finished hunting. One of the things I like is how quiet it iswalking into your stand site. When packed up correctly it issuper quiet ( no jingling or clanging metal as you are walking through the woods). I also own4 lock on's. You guessed it, the Alpha Hang on is my favorite bar none. The guys at Lone Wolf are really on top of there game. By the way quality is top notch.

Shane
Old 01-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

What kind of $$$ are we talking about for the sit and climb and hand climber combo?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Retail price on SitnClimb is around $349, $319 for hand climber model but................you can find them cheaper on Ebay along with good used models even cheaper. Recently Gander Mountain stores had the Alpha hand climber model for $191 along with all other stands on clearance.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:19 PM

My oppinion on this is, I am sure Lone Wolf are great stands, I don't want to knock anyones product but don't you think that making all the racket walking to your stand, your smell, leaves, twigs.........after all that noise, that a stand that makes somewhat of a noise putting it on the tree wouldn't matter. I know my summit is not SUPER quiet while putting iton the tree but to me, that doesn't matter condiering all the leaves and twigs I just stepped on. I guess if you have 300 bucks get the LW, I would but I don't and I need a good stand. Just something to think about. Maybe I'll have a LW by next year.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Spike

LW is working on a wider S&C without making it heavier. If you can't fit in the new one, think about a ground blind.