Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
what  a nice buck >

what a nice buck

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what a nice buck

Old 10-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default what a nice buck

Last thurs evening i was riding around with a friend to explore some new hunting areas on state game lands, we are fimiliar with most of this ground, well anyway it is raining and we kinda know where we are going to sit on fri morning (had the day off), well on the way home thurs evening i see a small 6 or 8 pointer running down into a hollow then my friend says look at that standing accross the road, needless to say man oh man what a buck it has real thick horns and it is a beautiful 8 pointer and by just looking at the deer it looked to be about 150 lbs which is a big bodied deer for pa. well this buck sees us and just beets feet for this same hollow that the small 6 or 8 headed for it crossed the dirt road about 20 yds in front of us to get to this hollow. Now needless to say thats where we were going on fri morning so we sat there fri morning and afternoon and sat afternoom ive hunted where i seen him standing, of course it poured down rain these 3 days so i dont know what effect this had on the deer moving. i think this sat im going to try to get down in the hollow where this deer headed for, since im pretty sure its where he lives, what do you think about this should i stay on top where i saw him feeding thurs evening or head for the hollow.......Now ive seen a lot of deer and a couple coyotes on top but havent seen the big one or even the small one since.....

Hunting with a bow brings about a different challenge on every hunt!!!
Old 10-15-2002, 10:35 AM

Default RE: what a nice buck

Patients! Dont risk runing him off,yet. Those raiy days are when I like to "go in after them"