Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got a Cuddeback 3.0 >

Got a Cuddeback 3.0

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a Cuddeback 3.0

Old 12-31-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Got a Cuddeback 3.0

Hey guys,

Well, I got a Cuddeback 3.0 for x-mas and figured that I would update yall on this camera. First thing, this camera is built to the highest quality, I was very impressed with everything from the front cover seal down to the flash. Setting the unit up can be a little tricky if you don't read ALL of the directions, try imputting a password without reading that it comes with a factory set password that you have to enter [&:]

Well, I couldn't help myself so I set it up in my food plot and decided to test it out. I had it aimed right at my feeder which was about 5 yards from the camera and I decided to walk back and forth behind the feeder to see how fast it would trigger a picture and let me tell you, Cuddeback isn't lieing, this thing is super fast at taking a picture, definetly no more than a second. The flash on the unit is great at the standard setting (I havn't set it to the brightest flash setting yet). Battery life so far seems to be good, I took ALOT of pics just testing this unit out (almost all with flash) and the camera is still at full battery life.

Picture quality is great, the night pictures are amazing as the flash on this unit really lights up the background.

I don't have any pics to post yet, I set the camera up at my sisters boyfriends property. He put out corn, minerals, and grain blocks for the deer and it seems that the black bears in the area want the food more than the deer as he has only got one picture of a deer and probablly 50 pics of bears, in one night he got 25 pics of bears. So far there have been 5 different bears on the cameras we have had set-up (Moultrie Digital and Trail Mac Digital). I will be getting my Cuddeback out Monday afternoon and I will have some good bear pics to show yall.

I'll keep ya'll updated on this unit as I get some more time with it, but from the looks of it, this is gonna be my main game camera from now on replacing a more expensive Trail Mac Digital. My best-friend ordered one today and the three of us are selling all of our other game cams and replacing them with Cuddebacks if they prove to be as good as they have been so far.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Got a Cuddeback 3.0

Thanks for the report Jason. Will be anxiously awaiting your report.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Can't wait to see some pics. Got a question for you. When a memory card or memory is full on a digital cam, can a unit automatically shut off to save on batteries? For someone like me to own a digital cam might not be a good idea because I doubt I could check the cam often.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I actually came very close to ordering one for myself? They are certainly fast triggering units. I personally decided to hold off simply because I heard that Leaf River is said to be offering a very fast top quality digital for the new year as well??? I'm betting it's going to be a great year for trail cams!
Old 01-01-2006, 01:42 PM

Hands down best camera on the market. Had 3 and just bought 2 more. Well worth the money.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: _Dan

Hands down best camera on the market. Had 3 and just bought 2 more. Well worth the money.
Dan, are you talking about cuddebacks?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

I looked at the CuddeBack last night at Bass Pro Shop. I didn't want to drop $400 on it so I went out on eBay last night and made the purchase. I picked it up for $330. I didn't think that was too bad. Now I can pick up a couple of memory cards and still be into this for around $400.I should have it on Thursday.

I would like to get a couple of cams for scouting the leaseI am in on. We have 1100 acres so Iam thinking of getting 2-3 more. I really don't want to drop over $300 onthe additional camerasbut will saveup for them if thereisn't any others out there within the same quality range. I saw someMoultrie's 3.1Megapixelson eBay for half the price. Are these even worth picking up.

The wife isn't very happy with me and my purchases on hunting equipment this year. The Mathews, Encore, and Franchi shotgun put her over the edge and then the CuddeBack she doesn't know about. She isjockeying for a new dining room set!!!

Please keep us posted on the pics...
Old 01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

BuckMagnet, I have had the older model 1.3 Cuddeback for a couple of years {and a new 3.0 on the way that I won in their photo contest,}and I get about 1500 pics out of 4 D-cell batteries,, you will love your new toy, IMO one of the best cameras on the market in their price range.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: GregH

Absolutely! Why do you ask, Greg?
Old 01-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: GregH

Absolutely! Why do you ask, Greg?
I wasn't sure with the Leaf River unit mentioned above your first post. The Cuddeback is my first trail cam ever. I've only used it for a week and I already have 6 bucks, 2 does & 3 fawns just from one spot in one of my hunting areas. I also wish I had 2-3 more so I can cover multiple trails at once. This is such a valuable scouting tool, I can't believe I waited so long before getting one. I got it for X-mas. I've been remodeling my house, thats where the money is going. But it is overtime season at work now and I will be getting some more Cuddebacks. They are almost as addicting as hunting is for me. I can't wait to get home and plug the card in to see what I got. I'm like a kid opening presents with it!
Thanks for your response

Quick Reply: Got a Cuddeback 3.0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.