Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow review sites >

bow review sites

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow review sites

Old 12-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Spike

Default bow review sites

Want to spend some Christmas Cabelas gift certificates on a new bow. Any good bow review sites out there that I can start my search out with?? I know the whole shoot them first, see how they feel part. More concerned with manufacturer reputation, warranty, reliability etc. I am looking at Ben Pearson Pitbull, Parker UL 31 or Phoenix, PSE Vengeance or......??? I would really like to find some sights that give honest reviews rather than simply blow smoke...
Old 12-27-2005, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow review sites

I thought Cabelas was a cloths store? J/K Serously tho if you want archery eq. go to a archery shop!
Old 12-27-2005, 01:02 PM

Here is a good site for bow comparisons. The link to the sortable chart is at the bottom of the page ("Back to the charts")

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2005-Bow-Review/bow-specifications-howtoread.htm
Old 12-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a good general sight for comparisons on manufacturers specsand general info. However, take the Jan/Feb 06Bowhunting Mag, they did write ups on 3 or 4 new bows. Only 1 of them shot the speed they claimed and the one bow that did (manufacturer claimed 316 fps and actually shot 322 fps) shot 6 fps faster and still had more to go so you cant always go by the manufacturer info all the time if you are worried about a bows features orspecs. Some of the bows shot slower than the manufacturers claimed speed.3 bows out there that I consider the best of the best right now, Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech. Ross supposedly has a really nice rig also so check them out too if you have a dealer near you, I cant comment on them being I havent shot one yet.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a good site. Only problem is that it doesn't include the new bows for 2006.