Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Give me your opinion >

Give me your opinion

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Give me your opinion

Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Give me your opinion

I drive by this area of woods often and have been seeing some nice deer. It is however in the city limits and is owned by a community college. They own several hundred acres and I want to hunt it so bad with my bow. It would be pretty easy to hunt without getting caught but I don't know. Am I bad for thinking this. They are doing construction work in the area and pusing the deer in to this area or they are getting ran over. This to me sounds like a waste of deer. What do you think, hunt it and take my chances or don't even try. I am sure I am not the only one who has thought about this and I am sure people have tried it before too.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Give me your opinion

Ifyou don't have permission to hunt there or it's illegal to hunt in city limits then that's that, end of story. If you can shoot in city limits then try asking permission from the school board. Ifthey say no, well at least you tried but again, you don't have permission soyou can't hunt the property.

If you don't want to ask and just want to hunt it anyway then you are breaking the law and you might as well go down and bump off the local 7-11 on your way home from poaching.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You want my opinion, OK you will get it! You are a retard for even posting this!!!!! What do you think everyones response is going to be. Go ahead and trespass because you think it is a waste of deer. Get a grip dude!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 PM

I say No! Ask the commuity college if can gain access to hunt. Don't trespass.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:13 PM

I don't think your bad for thinking it, if I was condemned for every bad thing I thought I would be screwed many times over. However if you actually do it you very much so be in the wrong. Thinking something and doing it are two different things. Try and get permission first, you might be suprised in some cases.

No deer is worth the consequences in my opinion.

Paul
Old 12-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ask the college for permission. When they say NO, you'll know that you can't hunt there.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dude, if I just "took my chances" and hunted every property around me that has too many deer and where they're getting hit by cars, I'd be in friggen jail! There's a school near where I live that has a nice chunk of land and it's stacked with deer. I'd love to hunt it butit's posted out the ars.That's life.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remember it is not the temptation that is the sin my son, it is what you do with the temptation that leads to your damnation my child. Go now and sin no more.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM

There is a farm down the road from me that has never been hunted. You can drive by on any evening and see 50+ deer, and a lot of big bucks too. I ask permission faithfully every year and the owner politely says "NO" his wife likes to watch the deer. I know I could sneak in there and bow hunt this property, and if I said the thought never crossed my mindI would be lying. However common sense tells me its not the right thing to do, and the consequences would be worse than gain of killing a nice deer. Its not a crime to day dream about hunting that area but you should know better than actually trying it, you have to much to loose for doing so.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:15 PM

Tee jay thanks for your smart a$$ comment. Do you always read into things like that? I have many of times thought of doing it but I also attend that school. I also have thought of asking to and I know what their answer will probably be. I am also tired of hearing of people tresspasing on friends of mine property. I also am really tired of hearing people tell me of the great places they have found hunting 5 mins from there house on the side of the highway.I amreally don't like the fact that they get away with it and us honest people always are destined to get caught. I was just wanting to find out howmany if any of you really do that. I can HONESTLY say I would NEVER trespass but I can tell you that it HAS passed through my mind. Thanks for all the replies.

Quick Reply: Give me your opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.