Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illegal to hunt within city limits?!?! >

Illegal to hunt within city limits?!?!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illegal to hunt within city limits?!?!

Old 12-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Illegal to hunt within city limits?!?!

One of Morgantown's crazy laws. I understand the thinking behind it as far as guns go, but bow hunting should be allowed. I'm zeroed in on a nice 8 pointer and temptation says kill it yet ethics say no. Bow = silent. What would you do?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:00 AM

Default RE: Illegal to hunt within city limits?!?!

What happens when you are dragging the deer out of the woods and the cop or conservation police comes strolling by?

Who would be zeroed in then?

You might as well just hand over that "silent" bow right there and remain "silent" since it is your rights and all.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

It sucks but if it is illegal then I would not do it. Some people in my
home town are trying to make it illegal to hunt in the ciy limits but
I think too many people with common sense will keep it from
happening, thank God.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: longbeardbuster

happening, thank God.
Disclaimer, I read that last sentence wrong in the quote, I read the word illegal as legal,disreguard my 1st 2 sentences below.[&:].

That last sentence bothers me. Why would you feel that way? Gun hunting has no place withincitylimits but why not allow some bow hunting every once in a while to keep the heard under control? It's either that or sharpshooters at tax payers expense. You can't have bowhunting within all the city limits either but some areas of most somehunting could be allowed. I mean you wouldn't want a wounded deer running across some bussiness's parking lot or a resident's yard but most city limits stretch way out where bowhunting could be allowed. JMO.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

It's LEGAL to hunt within the city limits of SOME VA cities until late MArch (25th?). Bow only......does only.

Someone from VA chime in here and give the particulars.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2005, 07:16 AM

Im not sure about to many other Ohio cities but in Findlay, OH as long as you are 500 feet from a road in every direction you can hunt the place. I think this a good enough law and Im not to sure that includes gun. I think it is bow only but Im not 100% on that
Old 12-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

ORIGINAL: longbeardbuster

happening, thank God.
That last sentence bothers me. Why would you feel that way? Gun hunting has no place withincitylimits but why not allow some bow hunting every once in a while to keep the heard under control? It's either that or sharpshooters at tax payers expense. You can't have bowhunting within all the city limits either but some areas of most somehunting could be allowed. I mean you wouldn't want a wounded deer running across some bussiness's parking lot or a resident's yard but most city limits stretch way out where bowhunting could be allowed. JMO.
Hey, mdbohunter, he said ILLEGAL, which meant he holds the same position as you. You misread his post.

It's LEGAL to hunt within the city limits of SOME VA cities until late MArch (25th?). Bow only......does only.

Someone from VA chime in here and give the particulars.
Well, to quote the VDGIF website

Urban Archery Deer Seasons:September 17–30 and January 9–March 25
[ul][*]Within the incorporated limits of the cities of Colonial Heights, Emporia, Franklin, Lynchburg, Martinsville, Radford, Richmond, Winchester and the towns of Altavista, Amherst, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Farmville, Independence, Rocky Mount, Tazewell, West Point and in Fairfax County.[*]During these seasons only antlerless deer may be taken.[*]Lists of properties available for hunting are not maintained by the Department or local governments.[*]Visit the Urban Archery Season section of this Web site for local restrictions, check stations, and other information. [/ul]
Old 12-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, mdbohunter, he said ILLEGAL, which meant he holds the same position as you. You misread his post.
Wooops, need another coffee. Sorry bout that.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its legal in some cities in Wi such as where I live, but you have to go to the court house and get a special permit.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Bols

What happens when you are dragging the deer out of the woods and the cop or conservation police comes strolling by?

Who would be zeroed in then?
Well I wouldn't just march out of the woods with him. Gut him out, and its cold enough to let him lay until dark. I can park right against the woods without anything being suspicious. I probably won't even try it but these deer are in a very popluated area and you would think that they would let bow hunters shoot them so they don't get on the PRT track or run out in front of a car.

Quick Reply: Illegal to hunt within city limits?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.