Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubber Boots

Old 12-11-2005, 07:16 PM

Default RE: Rubber Boots

alrite thanks everybody, i think i'm gonna look into a pair of LaCrosse boots!!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

rubber boots are the ticket, but only wear in the woods. i store mine outside all yr. Check out the rocky buckstalkers 1000 grams of thinsulate. I will never buy another boot but them, they are the best boot ive ever owned. I wear one pair of tube socks and have never had any problems with cold feet.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 AM

earlier thius season i wore rubber boots and had deer walk right across my trail without noticing. but then now im wearing some pac boots and have had the same results. of course i still spray the boots with scent killer. i would wear nthe rubber boots more often, but it seem they get wet every time i use them and then i need to dry them out and it takes forever. the pac boots i just pull out the liners and throwthem in the dryer for a few minutes with an earth scent dryer sheet. as long as you spray them with scnet killer before you enter the woods you ought to be fine.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

I read on the scentblocker website that rubber boots are a scent factory and that as you walk you are pushing air out of the boot and spreading your scent around.
I will say that several years ago, I had a pair of boots that the deer seemed to pick up a scent from. After checking them out, I found some cracks in the rubber from which I'm sure scent was escaping out when I would put my foot on the ground. I got rid of them and bought new ones and have eliminated the problem
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was outevery fricking day last week. The warmest day was fri.it got up to 19 degrees. I hike in about a mile. You wouldnt have any toes left if you wore rubber boots up here! I wear lined insulated Rocky boots with 2 pair wool socks and get cold. I dont think my trail has been picked up either. Right now they are on the furnace vent drying out.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

TeeJay, look into some Hodgeman boots with insulated liners. I had a pair of them a few years ago and they will beat any Rocky boot anytime hands down.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I watched one of th ehunting shows, last night.....and the guy said there was no need to spray down your rubber boots. He said they didn't hold scent, anyways....and the best thing to do was rub water/mud on them as you're going into the field.

Now...I wear lacrosse rubber boots....and I've had the house cat rub on them before.....and that's the only time I ever spray 'em down. I've not been busted by a deer, this season.

I wear the 1000 grain for the cold weather.....and the uninsulated for normal temps. I've actually, noticeably seen more deer since I started wearing rubber boots (halfway through the season).

Jeff
Old 12-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

I love my rubber boots. I think that they really cut down on my scent. I do spray down my socks and bottow of pants, but I have noticed a big difference. Won't hunt without them now.

Mike
Old 12-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you keep your feet from sweating like crazy in those boots? During early to mid bowseason here it could be 80+ degrees and the rubber doesn't breath. Sure you can wear moisture wicking socks but where do they wick to? I'd be sloshing about before I got to my stand. Early season I wear my 3/4 hiking boots and have had deer walk across my trail no problem. Of course I have had a fox back track me to my tree too. I wear pack boots once it gets cold and wear thin socks that I change out once I'm in my tree, so that I have dry socks on. I also got a pair of boot blankets last Christmas that I'm still waiting to try out.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:42 PM

I wear Lacrosse rubber boots and love them also. Just get the right amount of thinsulate in them for the season your hunting so your feet aren't sweating or too cold and keep them in a bag.

Quick Reply: Rubber Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.