Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Game Scouting Cameras >

Game Scouting Cameras

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game Scouting Cameras

Old 01-10-2002, 06:34 PM

Default Game Scouting Cameras

Anyone seen the Game vue scouting camera? it
has infra red flash built in it,says no flash to spook the deer. Do deer get spooked by flash from a scouting camera? any suggestions on a scouting camera would help.
Dusty9
Old 01-10-2002, 07:07 PM
JPS

Default RE: Game Scouting Cameras

I have a camtrakker and really like it.As far as the flash spooking deer I have pics. at night taken 3 min.apart of the same deer so I would say no.But if they were looking right at it from close range I would say it may spook it.As far as the Game Vu goes do a search and I think you will get the answers your looking for. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:07 PM

I have a Deer-Cam and in my pictures I have some deer looking at the camera and I have other pictures of the same deer a few minutes later in close to the same spot. You would think that they would run like crazy, but so far the deer and hogs have hung around. I wouldn't pay any extra to get the other camera that doesn't flash. I am very satisfied with my camera.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:19 PM

If the game view is the model with a digital camera that I looked at when I bought my Deer cam I was told by the dealer that Game view produced poor quality"grainy" photos.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:01 AM

We have over 50 cameras in the field almost all the time, so we get a LOT of experience with deer, as well as elk, mule deer, and other animal's reactions to the flash. Some deer never return after being photographed only once. Some return time and time again.
All of our photos are taken on public land. We post the better photos to our website [www.publichuntingland.com] We also post the exact GPS coordinates of where each photo was taken so you can find the place.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:42 PM

I would love to have a buckshot 35 game camera...i would love it to death...this summer i will hvae me one of those cameras its the first thing im buying i cant wait to see bucks in velvet !!
Old 03-18-2002, 08:52 PM

I have 2 Buckshot cameras. The ones called the hunter. I love them get a lot of pic. trouble free. Sensor can be 100 ft from camera
Old 03-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a Camtrakker and learned the hard way not to set the timer for 20 seconds....first roll of film had a doe take 9 pics and a small 8-pt. take up 8. You could tell from the pics they were both curious and were not spooked(both eventually looked right in the camera). On the other hand, I've got several pics of mature bucks...but only one picture at a time...not much curiosity there!!!

TB
Old 03-20-2002, 09:13 PM

I have the non-typical i have had a few problems with it but when it works the pictures look great. I think for my next camera I will try the buckshot35 or attempt to make one.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:30 PM

I have a Non-typical deer cam and have no trouble with it. I have taken more than one pic of the same deer on numerous occations, but I haven't had the opportunity of shooting a monster buck on film yet either. I also have many pics of both bucks and does looking straight into the camera.