Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another reason to be disgusted with PA >

Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Old 12-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Another reason to be disgusted with PA

And why I am a bowhunter.

I ran into a long time female friend of mine. She's an absolute sweetheart. I asked her how she made out so far in rifle season. She told me how she was sitting on a side hill scoping a buck trying to determine if it was a legal buck or not. Suddenly this guy comes walking up to her asking her how she's making out. She whispers to him she's scoping a buck down the hill trying to determine if it's legal. The SOB raises his rifle and fires on the buck....he say's comon, let's go see if I hit it and she was so disgusted she said no thanks and headed the other way.

Later they returned to find a little blood and bone and no trail, no animal in the snow....

What the hell is wrong with people? Just another reason why rifle season disgusts me and why I'm a bowhunter.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Default RE: Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Wow, that's amazing. I really dont even know what to say. Like you, I stay out of the woods at all times during firearms season. Too many weirdos with guns out there.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:16 PM

Uh.....I don't even know what to say about someone being that stupid. Selfishness is all around us folks.

I, too, am glad to be a bow hunter.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Morons, they are everywhere...unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

That happenend to me years ago when I was a pup. A guy walked up to me while I was on stand. He started asking if I was seeing anything etc. As he is talking I see deer heading our way. I say shhh deer! (otherwise he would keep talking and spook them). I raise my rifle see that one is a buck, a small buck (3 pt), but legal at the time. I was young enough that a buck was a buck! The guy is slightly behind me. As I am easing off the safety I hear KABLOOM in my ear. The guy basically shot over my shoulder. The buck went down. He had made a head shot, blowing off on side of the small rack. When we got to the deer he said man, i was aiming for the neck musta hit high. His next comment was damn I forgot my knife can I use yours? So I let him. The final straw came when he asked me to help him drag it out. I said no way man I showed you the deer, you shot over my shoulder and used my knife to gut it out! I'm going hunting! This was on a Tuesday of rifle season and I was too young to start any sh*t.

I guess justice came my way when I went up the mountain and shot a nice 6 point not 20 minutes later.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Stuff like this is what makes gun hunting a joke. I mean, I love to sit in the woods with my rifle, and scope deer and crank at 'em when I get a clear shot, but I know in my heart, I could care less if I never gun hunted again. Unfortunately, stuff like this happens more often than what you hear about.I almost had the back of my head blown off 4 years ago by a guy from Pittsburgh while hunting in the game lands in Jollytown Pa. He knew I was there, sitting on the gas line below him, but he just couldn't let that doe get by me. Honestly, I wanted to rip him apart. I found myself thinking about what I was going to do with his body......I was ready to quit hunting. It isn't supposed to be that way.

This stuff goes on everywhere too. I've seen guys behave like this in WV, PA and MD. It's just unreal. They are so desperate for a deer, they'll steal one from you in the woods or shoot it out from in front of you. I just don't understand that way of thinking. And the really sad thing is, there is no way to clean it up.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a jerk! I won't say that there are no jerk bowhunters but the percentage of jerks totin guns has to be way off the charts compared to the bowhunters. Before anyone gets their shorts in a bunch, what I mean is that we dont have to deal with the one day a year hunter in the bow season and thats the type of guy who is more apt to behave like the bonehead Frank described above.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Never gun hunted and never will...If I couldn't bow hunt, I wouldn't hunt! Sorry about your friends bad experience...tell her to start bowhunting.

But really Rob....just how good a friend was she? I know, I 'm bad...one-track mind.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes it really bothers me to have idiots partake in the same activities that I hold so near and dear to my heart. I'm out there trying to put on as best an image as I can of what it means to be a hunter and there are so many yahoos blowing it. I dread the next few weeks hearing all the messed up stories about what happens out in the gun season woods.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

This is not meant toward the decent firearms hunters out there, but posts such as these is just another reason I don't hunt deer with a firearm. Illinois has a 7 day firearm season, 3 day muzzleloader season and a rediculous 3 day antlerless only firearm season in mid-January. Even though rifles are not allowed, there are just too many uneducated, unethical people running around in those seasons. I've seen parents allow their kids to ride ATV's on opening morning hunts, guys wading through very thick bedding areas trying to push deer onto their property, and guys taking 200 yard shots with slug guns! Most of all........trespassing.

I'll take bowhunting anyday.

Quick Reply: Another reason to be disgusted with PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.