Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 finally got the big one.. >

finally got the big one..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

finally got the big one..

Old 12-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: finally got the big one..

for u disbelievers NO I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP[:@]... We were close to the road when the car hit the deer and like i said it was loud bang and it was the last day of gun season so we werent sure... second off heres how the neighbor came in the tracks led right behind his house in the hay field and he's a good friend and hunter so i asked him if he would help track him... either way i thought it was my deer and if you guys feel different then so be it because i really dont care... and to all you previous guys trust me i had a fight buildin up in me but when theres 10 of em standin there it couldve got bad forme ...
Old 12-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Dominant Buck

From your description they must have shot him after dark which would make it illegal for them to begin with. Cell phone time as far as I'm concerned. There's no deer worth getting shot over though. How far had you tracked this deer. The way it sounds it was considerable distance. Did you see where your arrow hit as the deer lay there in the ditch? Ethically if it was a vital hit it would be your deer, but I think the law would be with the yahoos ...... EXCEPT they shouldn't be shooting a gun on the road right of way.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that mean's war ,I'd be certainly ticked myself .

nubo
Old 12-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

they didnt shoot it on the road they hit it .. it just sounded like a gun cause the collision was loud... the deer was such a blood mess from the truck .. get this guys .. as i was standing there talking to the hunters one of the boys told me that the first truck hit it then a second one come flying and ran it over again.. i've got an ache in my side that i might havent got a good shot but the blood was pretty good tho ... o well ... maybe now i can still go and try to get that big 12 point this whole thing just sux but i've heard alot of storys like these now from other people today i guess its all part of hunting? i dunno[:'(]
Old 12-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am really sorry that you had that happen to you!There are some real bubba's out there who are supposedly our hunting brethern.They aren't they are crud plain and simple!They have no conscience and they are going to brag on this animal as if they over came great odds to kill it!
Hind sight is always 20/20.No deer is worth dying over or getting seriously busted up over.It is to bad with your being as upset as you were that you weren't able to get their license plate number.Every dog has his day and I would have had mine and the offenders would have never known about it!
Good luck coming to terms with this!Don't let it eat you up!Those fella's will get what is coming to them.I really do believe what goes around comes around.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:38 PM

Dear heavenly father,

Please don't ever let this happen to me; I don't want to go to hell.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:25 PM

well, stuff happens. i'd be extremely mad, but it was legal, and there's not much you can do about. you have my sympathies, that really sucks that they just took the deer. i dont know what you'd even go about doing to protect yourself from this again.

my uncle was elk hunting and had a huge one come to him, he hit and and another guy in his group saw it later and finished it, even thought it would have died. they were very sportsmanlike about, and decided to flip a coin, and my uncle lost and gave up the elk. if people could be more like that, you wouldnt see all this hunter on hunter fighting. respect the animal and your fellow hunter
Old 12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, what happened sucks and you should be pissed but I commend you for keeping a level head and not starting a fight. You were bow hunting they were gun hunting, you were also outnumbered. Starting a fight could have resulted in more loss than a deer. You know and so do they about who that deer belonged to. you win because you have to live with losing a deer they have to live with losing self respect.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: txrookie
you win because you have to live with losing a deer they have to live with losing self respect.
In a sense, respecting others is a prerequisite for respecting one's self. By this rule, since they showed no respect for the bowhunter, I highly doubt they will lose any self-respect. Honestly,they're probably enjoying the steaks and laughing it up as we type.

Sad to see how some of usare treating the hunting brethren.

Old 12-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok I'll ask what no one else has. HOW BIG WAS THIS DEER YOU HAVE BEEN TRACKING? By the way if they hit it wouldn't the law say they need a collision tag before moving it? They did break the law if thats the case. DNR time.

Quick Reply: finally got the big one..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.