Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tough question

Old 10-10-2002, 03:23 PM

Default tough question

I have a friend that constantly tell's blatent lies and does some realy stupid stuff while hunting. He will tell people stuff like he seen over 100 deer this mourning ( when he is in area that a bunch of us hunt and the deer are heavily pressured) he said he poured apple juice on the ground for the deer to lick up and last year he told us he shot a six point( which is not unbelievable but....) we asked to see the rack and his response..... " I can't get it it's in the tree in my back yard and the bee's are around it. About a month later he invited me to his house when I got there he told me was going to get the rack but then oddly some one had stolen it from the bee covered tree. Every time he hunt's he see's at least one buck yet he has only killed two in his entire life.The list of lies goes on and on. Every one laughs at him and talks about him for this. Should I talk to him about this or just let it go and not pay attention to what he say's? Any suggestions?
Old 10-10-2002, 03:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2002, 04:14 PM

Default RE: tough question

Let him go. If you know it's BS take it for what it's worth.
Old 10-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Grim, let him know how folks are talking about him and what they think, but it is his decision to change. If it does not bother him that folks look down on him for his lies, then he will continue as he is. Your friend seems to have a self-assurance problem, that he thinks he needs to tell these tales to impress folks. I am assuming that he is fairly young. This is usually the case with the younger generation trying to get folks to like them more.(not always younger though)
I, for one, am not greatly concerned what folks think of me. I prefer that they like me for who I am and most do, but then I am not one to tell lies. I don't kiss butt or tell stories to get folks to think better of me.

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave
Old 10-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-10-2002, 07:34 PM

Grim reaper, you know every good storyteller will take a few liberties with the truth...Sounds like your buddy just needs to "shrink" them lies a little so people will at least listen to his storys...HAHA! We are who we are! Just let him be himself is my vote..Fletch

Good Luck All....Fletch
Old 10-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

I think hes looking for attention and probally does that so everyone thinks hes cool and likes em. he probally does this with everything and everybody. He probally just wants a friend and wants to be apart of something. He shouldnt lie tho. But thats probally the only way he can get someone to listen to em. Just be a friend and tell em, hey man you dont have to lie to me. or keep it cool and go along with em, make him happy.........Good luck this year
Old 10-10-2002, 07:43 PM

Fletch,

The problem is no one laughs at him or indicates that they know he is lieing I guess they don't want to hurt his feeling's but he is getting a real bad reputation at work. It also seems that since no one is calling him on his lie's that that lie's just keep getting more and more outrageous. I honestly don't know what to do it kinda hard to say something but at the same time the guy is making an @ss out of himself. The other thing is I was friends with him before he started working there I got him the job about a year and half ago and people keep asking " where did you get this guy " it's just tuff I don't realy know what to do it could end up pissing him off and it may end our friend ship.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:02 PM

He isn't a friend to you and you aren't a friend to him. A friend doesn't lie, and a friend won't take bs without an explanation.
Old 10-10-2002, 08:36 PM

Just laugh at the guy and let him go.

Quick Reply: tough question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.