Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fuzzy peep sight picture? >

Fuzzy peep sight picture?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fuzzy peep sight picture?

Old 11-28-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Fuzzy peep sight picture?

I have adjusted my peep at a local shop to match my line of sight correctly. However, the sight picture has a round fuzzy ring and it makes it hard to center peep ringwith round pin housing. I was expecting it to be a clear round ring that you line up with sight pin housing. How do I correct this or is this normal?I have tried larger size peep holes to let more light in and I have tried pushing the bowout and bringing it closer to my eye to see if it gets better, but it still remains fuzzy. I have a 31 inch draw, 8 inch brace height and I'm using a 42 degree Speciality Archery hooded ball peep.What the heck?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Fuzzy peep sight picture?

Have you had this problem with other bows?

Old 11-28-2005, 10:20 AM

Could be the lighting in the room.I don't like to shoot under flouresent lights for that reason.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:22 AM

this is my first bow...maybe the peep housing I have is too thick with the reducer and insert installed?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know centering the sight housing in the peep has gotten a large following over the past few years but I've never agreed with doing that. For one thing, the eye cannot focus on three things at once (peep, sight housing and target) so at least one of those three things is going to be out of focus and fuzzy. IMO, whoever came up with the 'center the housing in the peep' stuff started making sights with round housings and tried to invent some way to sell his sights.

As long as you're looking though the center of the peep, then you shouldn't notice the peepat all. Look through it and center your pin on what you intend to shoot, because the pin is your aiming reference. In fact, you should be focusing on your target and even the pin should be slightly out of focus and fuzzy.

The sight housing is there to protect the pins.Remember when they were called 'pin guards' instead of 'housings?' That's still their only real function. That's the only thingthey're any good for.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:48 AM

He said it all.