Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting?? >

Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

Old 11-22-2005, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

Yep, there were other bigger reason, but she really disliked my outdoor activites, hunting friends and equipment purchases. It was all jealousy. I look at it this way: if they can't cope with your hobbies, then they need to either get their own hobby, or find a dude they can boss around. Some women spend to much free time sitting aroundcreating reasons to argue, instead of looking for something fun to do like their guys do.It's almost like they aren't happy unless they are fighting with someone. I have 2 hunting pals that have great wives and they don't complain one bit about the time they spend in the woods........so it is possible. My ex didn't have any hobbies, no friends to go anywhere or do anything with, and she buried herself in her job.....and it hurt us. I got tired of the guilt trips.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

If you hunt to the point where someone is feeling so neglected that they decide to leave you, than you need to have a priority check. That is if you give a hoot. If you don't than you shouldn't be in a relationship. Spen all your time in the trees doing the 5 knuckle shuffel.
LOL perfect.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife supports me and my hunting addiction. She knows I have a high stress job and need my hunting time to unwind. She bought me a sweatshirt that reads, "We interrupt this marriage to bring you the hunting season." She's very good natured about it and supports my yearly outlay of cash to get whatever hunting supplies I deem necessary. We've been together 25 years next month.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, I never lost a girl because of my hunting because I wasn't into it the way I am now. But I will say that if I got an "either-or" I'd take the hunting because I've got balls! NOBODY gets in the way of my hunting. I'm 48yrs old and have had more than my share of females over the years. I like thier company and what goes with it but at this stage of my lifeI don't think I'll be getting hitched so I soak up all the hunting I can and quite frankly Ilove it. HUNTING WHITETAILS IS MY PRIORITY CAUSE I"M A MAN!!!
RIGHT ON!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm fortunate enough to have a wife who understands that hunting is a need for me , she also loves venison .
Old 11-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I think it's a sad topic. I feel sorry for any guy who feels trapped in a marriage or has one that he isn't willing to sacrifice for. I think the MANLY thing to do is to make sure your priorities are your family first and your selfish hobbies second. If you can't put your selfish desires behind what's best for your family than you're not much of a man. Of course the flip side of that coin is that your wife needs to be willing to be secure enough to let you have your time. Part of it is, as mentioned earlier, some women don't have lives outside of their husband. I don't know who's fault that is but a man should make sure his wife has outlets for her interest in her life as well and help her develop them. (Warning, that may mean you spending some of your time doing things you'd rather not) I've seen several men have posted here that their wives encourage them to go out and hunt and support their hobby. I think most good natured women, if treated right will do the same. If that isn't the case, you'd better check on how you're treating your woman. It's a good indicator you're not doing your part. If she's just plain onory remember: you either picked her that way or you made her that way.

My wife's very understanding and supportive. We even planned our children's birth around hunting season.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Talondale

If she's just plain onory remember: you either picked her that way or you made her that way.
I think you're RIGHT on the money...but I especially liked the last sentence.

Anytime I start to complain about something crazy my wife has done/said, my Father always says "YOU PICKED HER BOY".
Old 11-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Exactly right Talondale..... You hit the nail...... Once your married and have kids, hunting becomes a big issue...... In order for you to go hunting, she must sit at home and tend to the kids....... That's a tough assignment and not one that I would want for 3 months of the year......

My wife supports my hunting, but I also make sure she has something to do while I'm away... I also do alot or most of the household chores.....

If you stand back and look at it from their perspective, you can see how selfish hunting can become...... I have to constantly remind myself that family comes first......

We have a 4 month season in MS and typically get to hunt about 100hrs a year..... Not alot, but enough to feed my desire....

Give and take boys, give and take.....
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 AM

Our bow season is from Oct.1 to Jan 31. That is my time. Also the walleye run around here around early april so that 2-3 weeks is also my time. That leaves about 8 months for her. She complains that Im not home to spend time with her but Im home by 7:00 p.m. every day. Thats about 4 hours before I go to bed. Thats longer than what I get to hunt on an average day. So If 8 months and 28 hours a week during hunting isnt enough, then she needs to find some PETA activist because I wont take the arguing.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I typically don't get to hunt as much as I like,I only get to hunt weekends and this year I took a week off for the last week of archery season in PA. I do buy her flowers though every time I come back from aweekend or trip away while hunting, she loves that and it keeps me on her good graces.

Quick Reply: Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.