Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting videos and fair chase? >

Hunting videos and fair chase?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting videos and fair chase?

Old 11-20-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Hunting videos and fair chase?

Hoytvtec raiseda suspicionthat has been with me for sometime now and that is these hunting videos. It bothers me to no end when most of these hunters on these videos show all of this false excitement and exuberance after they make a shot on a deer and then say they are going to fall out of the tree. I understand them trying to get across how exciting it is for all of us when we succeed in our hunt but most of this is not needed. I think it cheapens the video. I have seen several of the Drury and Kisky videos and I have failed to understand when they are tracking the deer that they shot they seem to find it 40 yards away by using their binoculars. Yea thats him????? It makes me wonder about the fenced in theory. I have many of these videos and I do enjoy them but thereare some questions.
2zwudz
Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting videos and fair chase?

I can tell you this the Drury brothers are 100% fair chase. I have met Mark Drury and he just gets pumped about deer hunting. They just get pumped, no fake emotion there. The Drury boys are about the only ones I will watch.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:59 PM

Yeah I know what you mean...Tom Miranda is one of them...He's a goofball IMO.
"WOW...Check him out! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6, 7, 8 , 9 POINTS!!!" I can count Tom.
He's a dork.
Just how much tape gets edited after the shot...prolly quite a bit. You think that they'ld
film getting lost in the woods, loosing the blood trail, or even worse, not recovering the game....NOT.

Eastman Outdoors is another good manuf of hunting videos IMO.

Some of the antics that happen after the shotare just rediculous sometimes. The FF button
is wore out on my remote because of it!

Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you just don't get as excited as some of these people. I get PUMPED after I shot a deer, I'm sorry you can't experience that like some other ppl.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

When you make a good shot it's hard not to get wound up! If you don't have those freak'n out emotions, falling out of your stand sensations I would say buy some golf clubs.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:27 PM

Some folks have different ways of showing emotion. Dont get me wrong,
my heart seems as if it's coming outa my chest, lips are dry as a bone, and I'm shaking from head to toe! As far as the fair chase issue....I say no fences...unless it's a 4 strand
Old 11-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Right on man!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:19 AM

I haven't watched too many different hunting shows. I don't have any of the channels that show them. I did get a couple as presents last year and liked them. Also got one with my new Hoyt bow and liked it too. I have one by Realtree, one by Primos and then the one I got with my bow. I think I like the Primos one the best....it seems like it is all fair chase. The one that came with my bow has some hunts with the Drury brothers and they seem like they are fair chase hunts as well. I like the one done by Realtree, but the others seemmorereal. I guess I like them all, the ones I've seen anyway. That's my thoughts.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Who has time to work a full time job, raise a family, HUNT and watch videos?

I haven't turned a TV on in a couple months.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

One show , the guy is from ohio , forget his name , he shoots a highcountry , the bucks all had tags in their ears , a f'n game farm.

Another I watched the guy shot the animal , an exotic , under a feeder , and it fell against the fence . Some of these shows are a joke

Quick Reply: Hunting videos and fair chase?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.