Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read! >

my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

Old 10-09-2002, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: my own dad putting down sportsman, imagine?? read!

i think ill take him out in the woods w/ me soon!! he has no idea! anyways!!
Old 10-10-2002, 06:17 AM

What a depressing thread. I can relate to all these posts. My father-in-law drives me crazy. Plays golf with his buddies and badmouths the hunters constantly. Slaughtering innocent animals, what's so hard about it, hunters are 2nd class citizens, etc. He's one of those who thinks he knows it all, what a jerk....All we can do is try to keep our best foot forward and promote the sport to those who will listen...

Good Luck All....Fletch
Old 10-10-2002, 06:36 AM

I read it on the nuge board maybe??

"Scavengers eat what other people kill, predators eat what they kill", thats the basics.

That says a lot about any meat eater who bad mouths hunters.

--Jim
Old 10-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-12-2002, 11:06 AM

if you eat meat and then tell someone that they murder deer, you ought to be able to smack them upside the head, my parents like the deer that my brother and i bring home. my mom jokes about killing bambi, but its a joke, though she does ask us not to kill the doe that just about raised her fawns in our back yard so im going to try and not take that one, just for her sake.
though woodrow 88 ask your sister-in-law what happens to all those cows after they get to old to milk, ask her if she woould like fries with that

propmahn
you can never have too many guns
Old 10-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

I think thats why she is a tree hugger. She probably had cows for pets when she was young and had to watch dad make hamburger out of them.
Old 10-12-2002, 12:04 PM

Unfortunately he falls in the 10% of the population who's minds will never be altered on the subject. All we can do as sportsmen is to continue to try and educate. Cut out a bunch of articles about the vehicle accidents related to deer, crop damage, etc........
And absolutely cook him some venison and serve it to him without him knowing it's venison. My mom is the same way about hunting and even fishing!!! Poor helpless fish with hooks in his/her mouth. Even though I practice catch and release (unless I really feel like haveing some fish) i suppose it's just something that we have to deal with.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:49 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I have that to deal with at work sometimes. I have a good friend who is a Vegitarian, and he doesn't give me grief because he is inteligent. Most of the ones who give you grief arn't that bright. They usually spew some sort of prepackaged crap they heard at a PETA rally. I simply state my position. I am a human. we have clawed our way to the top of the food chain. I eat meat. I enjoy hunting. I enjoy my time in the woods. I am careful not to let them see the picture of the deer I killed last week ( my first ever) because I don't see any point in getting in their face. I basicly just let them know that I don't care what they think, and when they make some kind of retarded statement I calmly tell them they are misinformed. I had one lady at work who tries to start arguments say I would probly die from heart failure from clogged arteries. My cholesteral is 160. I run daily, lift weights several times a week, and she is a b lob with makeup and bad hair. I laughed at her. I have found that it's better to be calm and ignore some of the idiots.
When I was young there was a peta rally outside of a Burger King. They were miffed because they said the fish in the fish sandwiches there was from "non dolphin safe" nets. Me and some of my buddies went into burger king and bought a bunch of fish sandwiches and came out and ate them in the middle of their crowd. Almost started a riot. We were hoping they would come back soon, cause we were gonna set up a hibachi and grill some meet for them. I still think it's funny, but now I know better. Sometimes the path of least resistance is also the most fruitful.

David