Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS) >

MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Old 11-12-2005, 05:37 PM

Default RE: MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Man that really sucks...... Strange, I remember a similar post last year of deer a guy found in the same situation......
Old 11-12-2005, 06:06 PM

That would make me sick to my stomach, all that time you put in for that buck, at least you found him and can appreciate him as much as would if you had shot him!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

At least YOU found him. I'd do the skull mount and maybe a nice picture or 2 framed near it. That was one nice buck.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

MAN THAT SUCKS LIKE AN OPEN CHEST WOUND ... MAYBE HE HAS A TWIN BROTHER IN THERE AND YOU CAN HUNT HIM ...

MASS RULES
DD

Old 11-12-2005, 08:30 PM

That is a great story, even if it didn't turn out the way you planned it. A European mount would look awesome! I think you could still be proud to hang it even if you didn't shoot it...I mean, you were probably pretty dedicated to it.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:56 PM

As dedicated as you were to that buck there is no shame in doing any mount. Sooner or later, Im sure you felt comfortable enough that the buck was given kill for you. The thought would tear any man or woman apart who put that much time into something like that buck.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hank,

I really admire you. Hunting a specific buck in that fashion gets to me more than anything on this earth other than the love I have for my God and Family. I am so happy that you found that deer. He meant so much to you, you will always appreciate him more than any other no doubt; just look at effort you put into hunting him. Honestly if it was me, and I was in your shoes I would probablyhave him mounted.For me it's not about the hunter who killed the buck, it's about the buck thatmotivated, inspired and taught.Everyone of my headmounts is reminder of my awesome creator, theincredible critters he put on thisearth and lessons I have learned from them.

That is a beautiful whitetail, He died accidentally, yet so close to your stand. I believe there was a reason he diedin such close proximityto you. Best wishes in what ever you decide to do. I would bet he made you a better hunter even though you didn't arrow him.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hankfan - you didn't harvest him, but I'd say he's yours. Nice pictures
Old 11-13-2005, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Skull mount sounds good.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that is a bummer

I personally would do what uphunter said, do a european mount, and make a story with pics to go with it. That would be cool. Of course there would definitely be no shame in getting a shoulder mount either should you choose to.
I guess the only blessing is that you did actually find the rack, instead of him disappearing all together and you wondering for years what happened. That is an awesome buck for anywhere, and especially for WV. Great job patterning him, no doubt he spread his seed alot I would expect. Genes like that shouldn't take long to show up again somewhere in that area.

Good luck

Quick Reply: MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.