Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS) >

MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

I got into this thread late, but I fully agree with your decision to shoulder mount that fine buck! Sure you didn't shoot him, but you did absolutely everything else it took for you to be in position to shoot him. And did it correctly I might add. As you said...all the time spent scouting, all the miles on foot and all the effort put in to harvesting this animal. It's just too bad it had to happen this way, but I guess that's nature for you.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:28 AM

man, what can i say. it would have been great if you had the chance to harvest him. maybe his 4 point might have a like father like son trait. good luck to you
Old 12-10-2005, 09:48 AM

I dont know how I missed this story but I did. This was an amazing story. It is just as much yours as if you would have arrowed him. Thats a real tough one. It could have been worse. You could have found him w/ someone else's arrow in him or never found him again. I can't wait to see the mount. Keep us posted.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent! That is an incredible animal and he deserves to be honored by being mounted! You deserve to view that mount as a reward for all the effort you expended in your quest for that buck!I truly admire your discipline and persistence!
Please make sure to post a photo of your mount when you receive it back!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:26 PM

I too missed this thread as I have not been able to spend much time on the computer this fall. Nevertheless, incredible story! When I clicked on the links for your pictures my jaw about dropped and hit my keyboard! Your description of nice buck and "tall tines" described him well but each of us have our own ideas of a nice buck. Many timessomeone describes a "monster buck"and then reveal a pic of an average 2 1/2 year old youngster.This buck was indeed an incredible deer...

Again amazing story and I am glad you found him yourself. And at least he was not poached as Ifeared when reading the story.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a bummer man, sory to hear that.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:01 AM

man what a head gear on him sorry things ended up that way ,i would mount him to you have history with the deer
Old 12-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Definiatly get it mounted in some sort. You will have memories for a long time of how you scouted and hunted him. Although you were unable to get the shoot, you are confident you could have gotten him.

Like others have said, his genes are in the area, so there could be some more like him moving around shortly.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

its better you found him than some no name, never hunted,tree hugger t
Old 12-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

sorry bro

Quick Reply: MY WORST NIGHTMARE CAME TRUE TODAY!!!!!! (PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.