Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bambi

Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bambi

The "I Can't Shoot An Old Friend" thread reminded me of the reason I don't let my kids watch Bambi. It's forbiden in my house. I'll not have my kid's crying because I "shot Bambi". It's bad enough getting that from my mother and mother-in-law. Anyone else done the same thing?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Bambi

I've always liked the story of Bambi, ever since I was a kid. Except for the portrayal of the hunter. Hasn't ever kept me from shooting a deer or hunting though.

I doubt if it would have that much influence on anyone anyway, especially kids today. Probably couldn't get them to sit still long enough to watch such a "silly" cartoon.

I've always wondered though, why did this buck get a girl's name?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

My little boy watches bambi all the time, and he watches hunting shows. Either way when he sees a big buck he says "shoot'em". I watched bambi too, it never made me think twice when my dad went hunting. After all, it's just a cartoon. Kids know the difference its adults who smudge the lines...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine was watching Bambi last night. I must admit ..I feel a little guilty. I wouldn't mind bagging Bambi's dad. Nic erack on tha tole boy. Bambi was a 4 point.
Chuck
Old 11-10-2005, 08:02 AM

Nope no problem with that, all my friends and i watch it to pump us up before a hunt.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Spike

We love the movie Bambi...we just root for the hunter!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a little figurine of Bambi at work Straddling atop a foam rubber brain. Looking at the artwork in my office and some personal pictures I have out, its not hard to see that I have Bambi on the brain even without the figurine...
Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have the video. All my kids had the thing memorized by the time they were 10. It didn't diminish their interest in hunting though. My oldest killed a P&Y buck years after watching bambi. My youngest loves hunting and will be going after deer this Saturday with me.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know about Bambi, But I'm so sick of Elmo If I ever see that little bugger in the woods arrows will be flying! [:-]
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bambi not only tries to make you feel bad for being a hunter, it tries to shame you for being a human. "Man was in the forest". Give me a break. Self-loathing liberal crap.

Quick Reply: Bambi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.