Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

vanila

Old 11-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Spike

Default vanila

i know this has been on here before but do not have time to search through the other pages Sorry .My questions are- does it work,is it to late to try it and could it be used as drag?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: vanila

No don't drag vanilla to your stand. lol It could be used as a cover but your best bet is to scout the right spot.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Def dont use it as a drag. If your looking for a cover sceant but some stuff from k-mart.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:50 PM

It works good as a cover
Old 11-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

With the rut being here or almost here, stick with a drag that has doe estrus like Tinks or whatever brand you prefer. I wouldn't be using vanilla now.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:01 AM

Don't know if this will help or not. I've never used any type of vanilla scent cover, but I had a friend that worked at Bath and Body works place, and she said that just before hunting season starts a lot of guys come in and buy some vanilla scented lotion or soap or something like that. She told me that all the guys say it drives the deer crazy. I haven't actually talked with any hunters that use it though.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:34 AM

I keep it out around my stand so the deer get use to the smell for a cover scent
Old 11-10-2005, 05:53 AM

Does anybody use vanilla with success? What do you use extract or lotion? I just smelled some vanilla extract and it kind of had an alcohol smell to it. But my wifes vanilla lotion smells sweet and not perfumey.
My brother inlaw uses Acorn cover scent to the EXTREME. He hasn't washed his hunting clothes in at least 3 years and doesn't play the wind. He sees deer EVERY time out. He smells like a candy factory the smell is so strong. Maybe the same can be said for sweet smelling vanilla.
I'd like to know if anyone has had success with this?
Old 11-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

My Dad has had us us the Original Coverup formula since we were young. It works great---has a vanilla smell to it. We use it strictly for covering up our scent not for a drag.

DP
Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 PM

haven't used it for a drag,but use it all season long for cover scent,had a doe walk straight to my tree before,i usually spray it on my hat and both boots, i use the cheat brand extract from wal-mart,have yet to be busted, knock on wood.

Quick Reply: vanila

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.