Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MD Rut...

Old 11-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default MD Rut...

Just wanted to get some insight from others on here about the current stage of the Rut in So. MD... I have been about 4 times in the past week and seen bucks everytime... But nothing really serious going on... I saw a nice 8 on sat. morning... He was just cruising the pine thicket... And I have seen 4 - 8 does' each time out as well... Nothing chasing or anything... Curious if this is the case all around So. MD...

This Thursday should be the breaking point... Cold Snap coming, and should get things Heated in a HUrry... I am off on Friday and I won't be able to sleep the rest of the week in anticipation...

Good Luck out there...
Old 11-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MD Rut...

I saw that cold snap on wunderground.com and promply put in for Thursday and Friday off. I will be hunting Thur, Fri, and Saturday. The temps look good. I saw a nice 8 pointer on the prowl on my way to work this morning. I wouldn't have shot him though if I were hunting. He needs another year. But I agree; Thursday will be breaking point.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:25 AM

I have been seeing a good number of bucks, some have respoded to scents or calls but no chasing yet, the weather has things a little off for this time of year. Like chazspot said colder temps later this week will get things rolling.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 AM

I have seen the same thing with only small bucks pestering the does. I also have Friday off and will be hunting Fri, Sat and next Tues. Good Luck to all but don't shoot my buck please.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

They're definitely trolling for does. Rick had one run a doe past his stand the other day grunting all the way. Len saw a couple with the does yesterday. Be hunting anytime you can for the next week or two. Go get 'em.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Will be putting in some serious time starting Thursday.